Suspended - P1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxGeek07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am a male just to clear that out. My ex and I are classmates / both p1s. I am at a recently accredited school. We got into an argument, she started clawing at me and I pushed her away and elbowed her (unintentionally). She was clawing at me because I was looking at her phone after she told me she was texting her ex-boyfriend so I was looking at her phone. She was drunk and I was sober and I was taking care of her and she said she did that because she thought I wasn't in to her n whatnot and had to make me jealous. Basically shes messed up in the head. (she deleted her text msgs she sent out but I caught one received saying "we'll chat later". I was furious and she called the cops later on and I got arrested. Long story short - School got involved and I got suspended for a month until my pre-trial with the prosecutor vs me and my lawyer. Everyone hates her in my class and today we had a school hearing and I did not get any say at all today. Thats why my school continued my suspension until the case gets resolved. So if my misdemeanor level 1 doesn't get dropped, I get kicked out. If it does get dropped (which she mentioned to her friends she might do) I can come back. Thankfully the first semester isn't too bad and I can hopefully catch up and make up work. Prior to this hearing she said she was comfortable with me to come to class. But today she totally went off and made a huge deal about how I have anger problems and whatnot.

Should I just withdraw before I get kicked out? Or should I stick it out because this doesn't seem like I have enough evidence that this is what happened. At the hearing she saved all the text messages / voicemails I left about how sorry I was and whatnot.. Obviously I am sorry if I hurt her! I even took her to the hospital because I thought she was really drunk! She totally effed me over and called the cops there!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did, he was at the hearing today. He got all the info to help me with the trial. I just hope charges get dropped. Who knows :(

you dont want to go to trial

did they give a timeline of how long till next step

you dont want to go to trial

did they give a timeline of how long till next step

Yeah its actually Pre-Trial - Prosecutor Vs Me and Judge viewing. Hope case gets dropped. Then I can stay. Which is November 1st. One month down the drain, will be tough to make up. (few quizzes and a midterm in stats) oh and 4 labs in pharmaceutics.

Last edited:
I am sorry that i don't have much advice to share with you, i just wanted to say how sorry i am to hear what happened to you. I know how girls/love can affect someone... You sound like a nice guy and just got very emotionally attached to someone who you thought was the one, but ended up being the wrong choice for you.

WHat i can say is you meed to assess your situation and see if you can stay in the class and be ok mentally and not be distracted by the ex. If you can't, you should transfer no matter what cause staying there might be disastrous for you no matter what. Another thing that I am gona say is proly what your lawyer has already told you, DO NOT contact her under any condition. erase her number from your cell, get rid of any photos that you have of her etc.

good luck, just remember we all make mistakes. sorry that this one escalated to this proportion and now you must just learn how to cope w/ it and move on, which might be one of the hardest things in life. I say this from my own experience.

I am sorry that i don't have much advice to share with you, i just wanted to say how sorry i am to hear what happened to you. I know how girls/love can affect someone... You sound like a nice guy and just got very emotionally attached to someone who you thought was the one, but ended up being the wrong choice for you.

WHat i can say is you meed to assess your situation and see if you can stay in the class and be ok mentally and not be distracted by the ex. If you can't, you should transfer no matter what cause staying there might be disastrous for you no matter what. Another thing that I am gona say is proly what your lawyer has already told you, DO NOT contact her under any condition. erase her number from your cell, get rid of any photos that you have of her etc.

good luck, just remember we all make mistakes. sorry that this one escalated to this proportion and now you must just learn how to cope w/ it and move on, which might be one of the hardest things in life. I say this from my own experience.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am def. following those instructions you gave me. I just feel like my life and hard work has gone to waste. I have to probably retake the PCAT because I got in on a waiting list which is the worst news ever on top of wasting a year. All because of this mistake. I have no criminal backround (until now) also.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am def. following those instructions you gave me. I just feel like my life and hard work has gone to waste. I have to probably retake the PCAT because I got in on a waiting list which is the worst news ever on top of wasting a year. All because of this mistake. I have no criminal backround (until now) also.

YOu should look into getting this record expunged. I know people who have had misdemeanors expunged. I know this is all a setback, but unfortunately we all have these in life. About the PCAT, there are a lot of school that do not require them, you can look into those.

So the cops arrested you just on her accusing you of hitting her? Did she even have a mark?

So the cops arrested you just on her accusing you of hitting her? Did she even have a mark?

Yeah she had a small bruise on her cheek. She claims I gave her other bruises but she was at the bar before this and she couldve fell wearing high heels and whatnot. I got blamed for those as well..

As far as schools that don't require PCAT or Bachelors degrees? Any help?

Do everything to stay. Transferring doesn't seem like a good idea, only if you have to. Does anyone record lectures? if so how fall behind could you possible get?

Consider this a message from God and get out of pharmacy. Tell them you will be happy to go on your way if they give you back your tuition -1 month of education. After you get your check give the dean the middle finger and tell him that in 10 yrs his pharmacy school probably won't even be around due to the number of schools opening up. Don't worry about losing 1 year. I know that it can seem like a long time at a young age but it isn't when you are deciding on what to do with the rest of your life. Spend a year working,saving and gaining experience. Consider a profession on the rise such as PA. 10 yrs from now find this fruitloop in whatever institution she is in and visit her. Thank her for sending you on a much more successful, fulfilling route in your life.

Consider this a message from God and get out of pharmacy. Tell them you will be happy to go on your way if they give you back your tuition -1 month of education. After you get your check give the dean the middle finger and tell him that in 10 yrs his pharmacy school probably won't even be around due to the number of schools opening up. Don't worry about losing 1 year. I know that it can seem like a long time at a young age but it isn't when you are deciding on what to do with the rest of your life. Spend a year working,saving and gaining experience. Consider a profession on the rise such as PA. 10 yrs from now find this fruitloop in whatever institution she is in and visit her. Thank her for sending you on a much more successful, fulfilling route in your life.

Thank you so much for your advice. I hope everything works out. I worked so hard to get here and it's all wasted. I sent an email to all the faculty and including dean along with the college lawyer. Hopefully they can turn off the suspension.. If not I'll just have to go with the flow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that when they come to their senses they are going to look at lost income x4 yrs by realeasing you. They don't want to have to do that. Hang in there and play all your cards. Understand that if it doesn't work out with them it can be a blessing. Don't let this affect your drive. When one door closes in life several others can open.

I think that when they come to their senses they are going to look at lost income x4 yrs by realeasing you. They don't want to have to do that. Hang in there and play all your cards. Understand that if it doesn't work out with them it can be a blessing. Don't let this affect your drive. When one door closes in life several others can open.

The college lawyer contacted my lawyer. She told him to tell him to stop calling / emailing us. He got upset about that. He also got upset the fact that I didn't tell him enough detail because he heard the classmates side. So he is withdrawing from the case and I am getting a small refund. Now I don't have anyone to represent me on top of the school getting pissed and my case is gonna just kill me.

The college lawyer contacted my lawyer. She told him to tell him to stop calling / emailing us. He got upset about that. He also got upset the fact that I didn't tell him enough detail because he heard the classmates side. So he is withdrawing from the case and I am getting a small refund. Now I don't have anyone to represent me on top of the school getting pissed and my case is gonna just kill me.
why would you not tell your lawyer everything? he works for you

You didn't tell YOUR lawyer the whole story. How was he supposed to do his job, what did you think you were paying him for? wow, maybe some years in the real world will help you figure out how things really work

You didn't tell YOUR lawyer the whole story. How was he supposed to do his job, what did you think you were paying him for? wow, maybe some years in the real world will help you figure out how things really work

Yeah, I think I made some pretty bad mistakes in my life. I am going to just go along with all of this and just see what the outcome is. I'll probably get charged with a heavy consequence but it will be a life long learning experience. I'll end up withdrawing and then go to another pharmacy school and ignore the fact it took this many years.

Hire another lawyer asap and fight it!!!!

I dont know, but with all her evidence it sucks. I think she should just tell the prosecutor to drop charges so my life isn't ruined because of this. I don't want to get kicked out and have it on my record and I don't want a record of assault.. Hopefully she will come to senses.

just make up man, if she is a nice person she would drop it. You did like each other.

Im glad Im not dating my classmates even if some of them like me and are attractive. Sticking with SDN's rule of not anyone in the same year...

just make up man, if she is a nice person she would drop it. You did like each other.

Im glad Im not dating my classmates even if some of them like me and are attractive. Sticking with SDN's rule of not anyone in the same year...

Yeah it sucks because we were dating before we got accepted... :( This is just too much. So I am seeing a psychologist, and taking anger management to show the judge that I am helping myself and I am proactive with this situation. I really her to just tell the prosecutor she wants to drop charges so school doesn't kick me out and I'll leave her alone. Hopefully the only thing that will be on my file is that I got arrested.

Just wanted to comment on the idea of making up. I think any contact w/ her is ridiculously stupid bc she might call the police on you and proly has been instructed too. Then she might even file a restraining order.

Second, you probably did not know this or have no been explained this properly. Once you hired a lawyer, you have to disclose absolutely everything to the lawyer and have complete trust to do whatever the lawyer thinks is necessary for you. thats why it's crucial that you pick one that's good. It's like picking an MD when you're fighting a life threatening conditions.

Thirdly, I recommend that you may want to take a step backwards and go complete a BS/ba degree at a local state school. Give yourself the time to mature mentally and emotionally. A BS degree is also another back up option to pharm school, and there is not much of a downside to doing this for you excluding the fact that you will loose some money and time, but sometimes you have to take a step back before you take a step forward.

GL!!!

Just wanted to comment on the idea of making up. I think any contact w/ her is ridiculously stupid bc she might call the police on you and proly has been instructed too. Then she might even file a restraining order.

Second, you probably did not know this or have no been explained this properly. Once you hired a lawyer, you have to disclose absolutely everything to the lawyer and have complete trust to do whatever the lawyer thinks is necessary for you. thats why it's crucial that you pick one that's good. It's like picking an MD when you're fighting a life threatening conditions.

Thirdly, I recommend that you may want to take a step backwards and go complete a BS/ba degree at a local state school. Give yourself the time to mature mentally and emotionally. A BS degree is also another back up option to pharm school, and there is not much of a downside to doing this for you excluding the fact that you will loose some money and time, but sometimes you have to take a step back before you take a step forward.

GL!!!

Thank you and I will take in consideration.

I received a letter from the school saying that my suspension is continued due to preponderance of the evidence. When my criminal matter has been resolved, I may petition the University for reinstatement.

BUT... The subject line says Permanent Pending Outcome of Criminal Matter. So I have no idea what they will let me go through.. Maybe if the charges get lowered? I was charged with first degree misdemeanor of assault.

Thank you and I will take in consideration.

I received a letter from the school saying that my suspension is continued due to preponderance of the evidence. When my criminal matter has been resolved, I may petition the University for reinstatement.

BUT... The subject line says Permanent Pending Outcome of Criminal Matter. So I have no idea what they will let me go through.. Maybe if the charges get lowered? I was charged with first degree misdemeanor of assault.

that's why it's crucial that you have a lawyer who you trust to sort thru all this mambo jambo legal stuff. The lawyer needs to assess the situation and see if the school is bluffing or there is a strong case against you. Maybe you also need to consinder withdrawing from the school bc expulsion is worse to have on record. Just a thought and something you need to bring up to a lawyer.

that's why it's crucial that you have a lawyer who you trust to sort thru all this mambo jambo legal stuff. The lawyer needs to assess the situation and see if the school is bluffing or there is a strong case against you. Maybe you also need to consinder withdrawing from the school bc expulsion is worse to have on record. Just a thought and something you need to bring up to a lawyer.

Yeah he was saying how these kinds of things happen all the time he's seen and the school will not really care of the outcome and pretty much bluff to keep me.. Thats what he thinks :(

Update: I am not convicted of "assault" but I am convicted of a lesser charge of Disorderly conduct. It does not outlay in the policy that this charge can cause dismissal of school. Apparently I was not allowed to call the school to petition but I am required to petition to re-instate me. So they documented me in my file that I called the school. I guess I was on probation in school...

So now I have to have my lawyer call the school lawyer. I also have all my classmates wanting to petition me back. I hope this all works out.

If she's claiming she has bruises from you actually hitting her, wouldn't that be a battery charge?