swap the resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boratgas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the swap the resident works? do program directors view the swapping resident prior to letting their own to swap? I would not mind swapping places, although i do like my program just miss the ocean

Members don't see this ad.

funny how 155 of you looked and 0 replies, come on. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I did not phrase my questions right. How does the swap the resident work and has anyone tried to swap?

I guess I did not phrase my questions right. How does the swap the resident work and has anyone tried to swap?

I have never heard of "the swap the resident." I would be interested to know if there are programs that are willing to take any warm body found on the internet as a replacement for someone they actively recruited through the match. If so, I will then be able to definitively tell my med student advisees to stear clear of that program.

I have never heard of "the swap the resident." I would be interested to know if there are programs that are willing to take any warm body found on the internet as a replacement for someone they actively recruited through the match. If so, I will then be able to definitively tell my med student advisees to stear clear of that program.

I actually emailed them and: first you have to find someone who is willing to swap, second you have to be in good terms with your program and let your program director know that you will be happier elsewhere and you have a replacement, third if everything works out (board scores-grades-interviews etc) they will let you swap. residentswap.org

I actually emailed them and: first you have to find someone who is willing to swap, second you have to be in good terms with your program and let your program director know that you will be happier elsewhere and you have a replacement, third if everything works out (board scores-grades-interviews etc) they will let you swap. residentswap.org

I thought the "Resident Swap" was a new show on Fox...

You forgot the most important part the $70.00+ per month you got to pony up to get onto their website in the hope someone else wants to switch for your position in buffalo, NY for a position in south Florida.

I wish I owned the site. And sorry Gern, I did not realize that you were an attending.

ahhh! So Borat owns the site and is drumming up bidness. It is all clear now.