Switch placement options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwneweyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear peers,

I am currently starting internship and have matched in the mid-Atlantic region for ophthalmology in 2008. I love the program in which I matched and at the time due to my personal life it was the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, I had a terrible personal relationship situation which makes living here unbearable and leads me to seriously want to switch my placement if possible. I would love to move back to the Northeast to get away from this area which causes me much pain and would like to hear any other possible switch options. Please let me know if anyone has any insights or remarks. Please only serious comments. I know it is a blessing to have matched at all and I will continue here if no switches are possible because I realize this blessing. Thank you and God bless!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear about your situation cwneweyes.

I haven't heard that switches are allowed....if they are how is it done?

I can not possibly understand the pain you are going through right now. I guess the only peice of advice I can offer you is to start internship and see how things go. Life is unbearbale for you now. Will it be unbearble in 12 months when you are ready to start ophthalmology? Only you can answer that and time will tell. Try not to make any decisions too quickly. Good Luck!

Dear peers,

I am currently starting internship and have matched in the mid-Atlantic region for ophthalmology in 2008. I love the program in which I matched and at the time due to my personal life it was the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, I had a terrible personal relationship situation which makes living here unbearable and leads me to seriously want to switch my placement if possible. I would love to move back to the Northeast to get away from this area which causes me much pain and would like to hear any other possible switch options. Please let me know if anyone has any insights or remarks. Please only serious comments. I know it is a blessing to have matched at all and I will continue here if no switches are possible because I realize this blessing. Thank you and God bless!