Switch to Peds, not in ERAS

Started by berry
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

berry

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm considering a switch to peds. I was trying to transfer from EM due to family issues to a location closer to my family however I'm starting to think that maybe I'm more unhappy in the field itself. At the time my PD was very supportive and did not think I needed to enter ERAS.

Now I'm kind of concerned that it's the end of the interview period and it would probably be very difficult to try to get a spot outside of the match. Is it stupid to just start emailing programs? I assume that I wouldn't get any credit for my PGY1 year as there's probably very little overlap. What can I do?