Switching back to Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shipp1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im in a bit of a strange situation and need some feedback from you guys. When I started going to community college I didn’t know what I wanted to do so I took a bunch of random classes, about half way through my sophomore year, I knew a I wanted to do podiatry. I transferred up to a University in to pursue a degree in biology. Here is my predicament, I’m a junior and have almost no biology classes and in order to get my degree in biology, I would need to stay at uni a lot longer than thought. Also, I’m sure you’re aware, uni is so expensive, I thought it would be covered by grants but I’m still paying a lot of money each semester for books and to tuition. In community college I was getting paid to go. I’m doing fine at uni as far as grades, I have a 3.89. So should I go back to community college, get all of the prerequisites done and apply to podiatry school with no degree? Or stay, get more into debt but get a degree from it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.