Switching from FM on J1 to OB/IM

Started by adrenalin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adrenalin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently doing Family Medicine on J1 visa and figured that this field is not for me & intrested in matching into other primary care OB/IM...

Is it at all possible to switch from FM on J1 to other primary care specialites.?

Do I take another ERAS token and match again this year? Am I allowed to do it..I dont mind doing Pgy1 again..

I dont want to do something that I will not be happy doing for rest of my life..

Thanx in advance for any little piece you guyz could give me...