Switching from Health Information to Audiology

Started by mng0206
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mng0206

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be a senior this Fall and am currently majoring in Health Information Management, but am considering applying to audiology programs.

Which programs do not require a background in language/speech pathology? I know Washington University in St. Louis doesn't, are there any others?

Also, since I do not have the necessary background, what can I do to improve my resume?

Thanks.
 
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center does not require a CSD undergrad degree. You do not need to take the undergrad courses during a bridge year either. If you are accepted than you begin immediately in the Au.D curriculum. The best advice I can give for no CSD majors is to spend as much time as possible shadowing an Audiologist (or several if possible). Not only will this make you a better candidate, it will also ensure that Audiology is the field for you.