switching programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socks123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who's having second doubts about going to the program they matched at last year? I matched into an outstanding program last year, in my top 3. But I'm having some second doubts about having to live in that program's city for the next 3 years. The program's in a big city, but I just feel now that I want to live in another specific city instead. Anyone else out there who matched last year have similar concerns? If so.. this may be completly out of the question... but is there anyway possible we can work out some kind of program trade?

Members don't see this ad.

socks123 said:
Is there anyone who's having second doubts about going to the program they matched at last year? I matched into an outstanding program last year, in my top 3. But I'm having some second doubts about having to live in that program's city for the next 3 years. The program's in a big city, but I just feel now that I want to live in another specific city instead. Anyone else out there who matched last year have similar concerns? If so.. this may be completly out of the question... but is there anyway possible we can work out some kind of program trade?

I hear UCLA could use a good closer as their bullpen is a little thin this year, and Wake needs some speed at the top of their lineup. There is also the possibility of sitting out ala TO and demand a trade.

All kidding aside, I've never heard of a trade between programs. It's cool to think about though.

you can transfer. i have met several residents in different programs who switched. one in particular i remember is from miami's program to illinois masonic in chicago to be with family.
it is possible, even as ca-2 or ca-3