T

thiopental

hi all,
i am currently a resident in the east coast program. does anyone know of people who were successful in transferring into CA programs?
thanks

mailee88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
Thiopental,

I have the same question about Cali programs as well. I am currently matching for Peds this year and I am thinking about switching to anesthesia next year. what residency program are you at?

cak

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
thiopental said:
hi all,
i am currently a resident in the east coast program. does anyone know of people who were successful in transferring into CA programs?
thanks
I was! You can PM me if you have specific questions. There were also a lot of threads started regarding this topic in the past that might be helpful. I think you can search for them if they're not too old.

foshizzo

10+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
At UCSD we have a CA-2 who transferred from Beth Israel in Boston and another CA-2 who transferred from the University of Florida program. Both of these guys were med students at UCSD so they kind of knew our program director. Also, one of our chief residents originally matched at UCLA, but somehow got out of it and came to UCSD. Thus it can be done, although having connections is a plus.

foshizzo

10+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
we have a current CA-1 @ UCSD who is moving back to miami due to health reasons and some family issues. so we may have an opening for a CA-2 starting july '05. e-mail our secretary cindy slaughter @ [email protected] if interested.

UCSD Department of Anesthesiology
http://anes-lxin.ucsd.edu/