Sydney Australia interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothbugger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anybody done the mmi interview through Skype for sydney australia? Any tips or advice on the format and question types?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview tomorrow so I don't really have any advice to give you. I couldn't really find anything online about it either. Just that it's MMI. Did you receive the contact invite yet?

no i didn't.......i have mine tomorrow as well!
well will they contact invite ya know? half an hour before your interview time? should i be logged on to skype all day to wait for the contact invite?

Also, do we just hold up our identification to the webcam? like a passport?

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted the email they had given us when we registered for our interview spots yesterday. They lady replied and said that I would receive an invite "today" (or yesterday). I still haven't received anything though... However, she told me that they can see if we don't accept their contact request and so they''ll know something went wrong and will contact us by phone prior to the interview to set things up...

Edit: I just received a contact invite on skype

Last edited:
weird, i still have not received a contact invite

Just out of curiosity, do they have a school in the states or are you guys applying to the program over there? How did you become interested in their program?

They program is in Sydney, Australia and it's a DMD that is accredited in Canada. Thus, you can come back to Canada and work immediately as long as you pass the Canadian boards exam. Sydney is a really beautiful city (I've been there before) and i think it will be a good cultural experience.

However, I'm not sure about the accreditation in the U.S. Something you would need to check.

hey denticle,

They said they're accepting up to 15 internationals this cycle. You know how many they're interviewing?

I applied through Oztrekk and the admissions officer for Oztrekk told me that Sydney told them that there were a lot of international applicants this year. I'm not sure how many though.
How did your interview go? I'm pretty sure I bombed mine...Hopefully I won't suck at my US interviews lol.

Oh. Today was the last day for international interviews. Apparently we find out sometime in September if we make it or not.

I think i bombed mine too actually. The first two interviewers I finished with time to spare....man some of their scenarios are really crazy.....i don't think i gave very creative answers at all.....maybe not even very complete answers.....ugh.....cross finger i'll do better for us interviews.....