Syracuse - Dual MSW + MFT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psyguyry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola.

I stumbled upon a program at Syracuse that leads to a dual Master's degree in Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapy, with the possibility of getting licensed LCSW and/or LMFT in all fifty states. Does anyone have any more information about this program? Reputation of the MSW / MFT programs at Syracuse? Experience of previous graduates?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

On one hand, I'm not sure what the career benefits would be to having both degrees/licenses, on the other, a 96 credit program that encompasses both clinical social work and marriage and family therapy does sound like incredible training. SO, with no personal experience what-so-ever, I'd say you would be spending more time and money for what we can assume is more in-depth clinical training with no guarantee of any added career benefit (higher pay), although it may make you more employable. If you have the time/money/interest, it would probably be worth taking a closer look at. Maybe someone who knows more about MFT programs will chyme in with what doors such a program would open. Very interesting!

Reactions: 1 user
dang that looks awesome...I would have loved a program like that

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WOW 96 hours?! If you are going to put that much time into your licensure, why not get a PhD? You'd really be covered on all bases at that point.

Yeah... I'm primarily looking at PsyD programs (because I wouldn't make a competitive PhD candidate) but this program also looks appealing - just can't find much more info than what comes directly from the school.

well a phd/psyd woud be an additional two years to the three it would take to finish this program.