t-f-e and aperture passing problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bxs023100

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys
ive been working on my PAT and have hole punching, angle, cube counting and paper folding down.
however, ive bought every book out there, and have had a lot of practice, but cant get even half of the top-front-end and aperture passing questions right, so my pat score suffers

do you guys have any tips or tricks you used that would help me visualize those objects better?

Members don't see this ad.

For TFE

Match the vertical lines of the top view with the vertical lines of the front view...lines that can be directly seen are solid, lines that are indirectly seen are dashed

Match the horizontal lines of top view to the vertical lines of the end view...do the same thing

Match the horizontal lines of the front view with the horizontal lines of the end view...do the same thing

Reading this back to myself, I am sure that you will have no idea what I am talking about. All I can say is practice. I went from completely guessing on all TFE problems to rarely missing any.

only use the top strategy if you are completely stucked....because i think that wastes alot of time especially if you have to go through all the choices over and over....each PAT section you should spend around 10 mins MAX

Members don't see this ad :)
so what are you disagreeing...did you even read what i wrote before making a smartass comment?....that you should spend max 10 mins on a section...that means if you are spending more than 10 mins in a section then thats a bad idea....you should limit yourself to 10 mins MAX and not over so you have time for the other sections....omg...dont be a smartass...

No I get what he was saying. He meant that you shouldn't spend 10 minutes max on that section because it is one of the harder sections. Something like hole punching are cube counting should take much less than 10 minutes, and that extra time can be applied to TFE.

What exactly was "smart ass" about his post? Comment followed by imho??
Does it bother you that much that someone respectfully disagrees with you? The only one being an arrogant smart ass is you.

god read the whole post...smartass...omg don't take it too seriously...im just joking too...IMHO....yea smartass...IMHO...