Tablet or Laptop?

Started by msuopt
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msuopt

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All current optometry students,

I am starting optometry school next year and am looking into a new computer. The one I have now is pretty beat up and has no battery left, so I wouldn't want to lug it around all day.

Would you recommend getting a new laptop or a tablet? I am strongly considering a tablet because it is so light-weight, has great battery life, I can draw on powerpoint slides with the touch screen, I can add a keyboard to make typing easier, and it is more affordable. Then I would keep my old laptop at home.

Or I could get a new laptop.

What would you guys recommend in your experiences so far?

Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.