Tablet PCS?!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bre8162

ILLINOIS C/O 2015
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am contemplating this whole tablet PC thing? I have no idea if I should get one or not, since Illinois does not require them. And if I decide to I am looking for what everybody else recommends. My computer now has had some issues recently with drivers failing and all that good stuff, so trying to figure out something now!

Members don't see this ad.

So I am contemplating this whole tablet PC thing? I have no idea if I should get one or not, since Illinois does not require them. And if I decide to I am looking for what everybody else recommends. My computer now has had some issues recently with drivers failing and all that good stuff, so trying to figure out something now!

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook that I got last year at the recommendation of my husband who used to sell computers and I love it.

Members don't see this ad :)

doesn't IL have some requirements for what type of comp they want you to buy? I vaguely remember something about that, and I think it was a tablet?? check into that

anyway, i probably posted in that thread SOV posted. I love my tablet. i'm actually studying off of it now, i copied and pasted a whole bunch of neuro slides and then labeled them all :D if only i could cram them into my head just as easily lol

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook that I got last year at the recommendation of my husband who used to sell computers and I love it.

We all got the Lifebooks our first day. Personally, mine has been pretty good, just a few minor quirks. But I try to be very careful with it and it's been less than a year, and I know a few others in my class who seem to have had nothing but trouble with theirs. Word from the upperclassmen is that it will be a steaming pile of crap by the time we graduate, but then we do tend to beat on them - lots of on/off cycles, constantly being moved and carried around, inevitably they tend to get banged up. I think any laptop in vet school tends to have a dramatically accelerated lifecycle - like 1 year of use in vet school = about 4 years in the real world.

We all got the Lifebooks our first day. Personally, mine has been pretty good, just a few minor quirks. But I try to be very careful with it and it's been less than a year, and I know a few others in my class who seem to have had nothing but trouble with theirs. Word from the upperclassmen is that it will be a steaming pile of crap by the time we graduate, but then we do tend to beat on them - lots of on/off cycles, constantly being moved and carried around, inevitably they tend to get banged up. I think any laptop in vet school tends to have a dramatically accelerated lifecycle - like 1 year of use in vet school = about 4 years in the real world.

so true! not to mention we use it probably about 12 hrs a day every day lol Thats another reason i bought the ultimate case for it. Hard+soft=hopefully indestructible lol