tackling the independent questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NeeMaBeeMa

I

Members don't see this ad.

Well for me independent questions take far less time, so I like to get them out of the way before I get bogged down with passages. And some of them are real easy points, so in case you are running out of time.....you won't lose the points that you could have had you gone ahead in a linear fashion..........

Hope it helps

I did them last. Easier to beat the clock on independent questions than on a passage.

I do them first,

sometimes I have to kick my brain into gear before tackling a passage, since indepenents are pretty much know it or you don't (no reasoning skills involved) this sorta preps my brain for the intense concentration needed for the passages. Also, like the above poster said, if I run out of time I don't want to lose points on independents because those are practically freebies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by An Yong
Also, like the above poster said, if I run out of time I don't want to lose points on independents because those are practically freebies.

That will work too. For the same reason though, if you've got only 5 minutes left on a section, it's not uncommon to get through a page of independent questions in just a minute or two.

It's tough to do the same thing on passages.