Taiwan Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileforme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SNDers,

I am currently attending a first-tier US medical school, finishing up my first year. However, personal circumstances necessitates that I return to Taiwan to be with my family. Is it possible to transfer into any of the medical programs in Taiwan, especially in Taipei or Kaohsiung. If you can ask your dean's office. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

smileforme said:
Dear SNDers,

I am currently attending a first-tier US medical school, finishing up my first year. However, personal circumstances necessitates that I return to Taiwan to be with my family. Is it possible to transfer into any of the medical programs in Taiwan, especially in Taipei or Kaohsiung. If you can ask your dean's office. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Well, I don't think they will accept students transfer from foreign med school.
if they do, a transfer test may be required.
Hope it will be helpful.

The U.S. school you are at may let you take up to a year off. Some do. If that will suit your needs, ask your school.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: \
i am not positively about it
but
Kaoshung Medical school might be willing to see you....

can someone pls tell me how many years does it take to graduate from taiwanese med or dent school? thank you!

Hi, halitosis, I believe that for Taiwan medical school, one would take about 7 years to complete, and for Dental school, it's 6 years. Hope this information is helpful to you. Good Luck!

There are a few med schools in TW that offer post-ugrad 5 year medical program (like Kaoshung or Yangming). I believe each school adminiter the entrance exam independently.