take a year off before applying to medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

indiaberry

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was thinking that maybe in the 2007, I could go to medical school instead. But would they accept me if I take a year off. I don't know what I will be doing that year off. Would that be wise? I am confused about what I want to do.
I want to get to medical school as soon as possible but that would means that I can't apply to take part in a research program this summer. Instead I would take 2 or 3 summer classes to speed up my graduation.
I have never done a research program but when I was 17-year-old, I worked in a health center, where I filed patient's chart. I don't know what I want to do.