Take aamc FL's or stick with Kaplan??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsman

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Kaplan's course now (I don't need to hear any grief about that :) ) and have scored increasingly better on 1-4 (22, 26, 28, 31) but I'm getting the feeling from other posts that AAMC FLs are more like the real thing. I'm sure that this is true, but would it be better to just stick with Kaplan's FL's and assume that the actual one will be very similar in difficulty and content...after all, I paid $1400 for something, right?!?!?

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC tests will give you a better indication of what the test is really like. After all they are actually old MCATs. I would suggest that you take at least one AAMC test. I hear tests IV and VI are the best indicators.

Kaplan test are actually different from the real thing. Like any test prep company they tailor their tests to fit their methods.

AAMC makes the mcat, so their fl's are going to be more similar. I have taken both kaplan and aamc, and aamc is more similar. Take one if you want.

i'd take at least one aamc if i were you. i'm currently taking kaplan but took an aamc test last week. although i didn't do that much better on it, i felt MUCH more at ease during the test i.e. i wasn't sh***ing my pants during the physical sciences section! i can't even come close to finishing the kaplan physical sciences sections but finished the aamc one 10 minutes early.