Take anything for interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigtime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone take a copy of their application to an interview?

Can you have papers, a folder, or anything????

Do others normally take something with them, mayb blank paper
to write on?

Members don't see this ad.

A couple of pens
They usually give you a folder with information inside of it when you arrive. You shouldn't really need to reference your application if you wrote it.

I would say NO. Don't take anything. I took a bottle of water with me.

If you wrote it then you should remember it.. read your application before interview.
It would reflect negatively if you had a paper to refer to.

A blank piece of paper to take notes. Nooooo It is not the presidential debates.

Did anyone see Cheney and Edwards debates? The VP kept trying to look at what Edwards was writing down. I got a laugh out of that one. Even as a VP he was cheating. hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
I always take a leather notebook and a copy of my CV. The CV is important if you have done any research because alot of my interviewers didn't have a copy and wanted one. You might want to take some notes, like in one of my interviews the guy that interviewed me was over rotations, and I wrote done some things.

Doc 2b said:
I always take a leather notebook and a copy of my CV. The CV is important if you have done any research because alot of my interviewers didn't have a copy and wanted one. You might want to take some notes, like in one of my interviews the guy that interviewed me was over rotations, and I wrote done some things.

I took my CV and note book with me. Note book was for taking notes during financial aid meeting and other information sessions they may have for you. You can also write down the contact info of people you meet, if you wanted to get in touch with them later.

I took my notebook and my resume. I would give them each a copy of my resume, either at the end or at the beginning of my interview. You don't do much writing during the interview...but it's a nice thing to hold on to during.

I brought a notebook to my first interview (a nice business one of course). Inside I had my PS and my essays for that school. Turns out I didn't use it except to hold the papers they gave me, which they provided a folder for that. You may want a pen to jot down some info during their presentations. For my second interview I didn't bring anything, I even forgot my pen. heh

JohnDO said:
I brought a notebook to my first interview (a nice business one of course). Inside I had my PS and my essays for that school. Turns out I didn't use it except to hold the papers they gave me, which they provided a folder for that. You may want a pen to jot down some info during their presentations. For my second interview I didn't bring anything, I even forgot my pen. heh

I brought my pda, a pen, and a smile ;)

you should know your application/personal statements by heart. Also know exactly which letters of recommendation were sent to the school.

As a girl whose suit has no pockets, a bag of some sort is a necessity. For those that required plane trave I have a larger briefcase sized bag that looks very professional (yet very stylish). I used this as one of my carry-ons and also in my interveiw day--and it worked very well as I had my reference information to look over on the trip down and was able to tuck it away for the interview. For my more local interview, I carried a small back purse large enough for keys, femenine items, pen, etc.

My portfolio

I brought a leather bound portfolio..really professional looking w/ my PS, Secondaries. It was more for decoration! I really didn't need it. lol

i bring my leather portfolio w/notebook and resume/cv in it. couple pens.

as far as application materials etc. i made a separate interview prep portfolio, and i add to it with each specific school i interview at. i don't bring it with me to my interviews, but i use it to prepare its just a few pages, but it has a copy of my entire aacomas app, copies of the secondary essays/info i sent to each specific school so i know exactly what i have already said and what i want to stress. it also has major notes about osteopathic medicine, little blurbs about different OMM techniques i'm familiar with like soft tissue, counter-strain, myofacial release, etc. my cv, and specific questions/feedback from the interview feedback threads from each specific school, also questions i want to ask there, and finally my game plan/flow for tackling big questions/issues i know i will be asked. i mean these aren't canned answers, and i wouldn't reccommend doing that for anyone but i have a lot of experience public speaking/extemp speaking and i just like to have a few notes, an outline if you will, to make sure i hit all the stuff i want to, sometimes its helpful to have your flow down, and practice some good transitions. its not a speech or anything but it helps your delivery and presentation to know your stuff well. but again, all this is prep, and it may sound like a lot, but it only takes a few minutes to put it together, and a few minutes to go through it all. again, i don't actually take any of this with me to the interview though.

Bigtime said:
Did anyone take a copy of their application to an interview?

Can you have papers, a folder, or anything????

Do others normally take something with them, mayb blank paper
to write on?

Yes, I took a little pocket notebook and took notes on the medical school-as well as my primary and secondary - I reread right before the interview