Take Immunology or Endocrine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garcia10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was jsut wondering if Immunology or Endocrine would be beneficial for me to take before I go to dental school next fall? Any suggestion on which would be better? Or Just say screw it and enjoy my last semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I took Immuno, and there were a few things in histo that it helped with but not much. We did cover a good bit of endo in biochem so if you really want to take one, do endocrinology. With that being said, the amount that we learned of either wasn't too bad and you could get buy without both of them.

Depends on where you go.... At UK immunology would probably be the most beneficial.....

I took both in my undergrad and it has really helped me in Dental school. In my opinion concepts in Immunology are harder to grasp and the course contains a lot of terminology you may have never heard of whereas Endocrinology is not as hard and more interesting to me (easier to learn). Immuno will probably only help you in micro and endocrinology can help you in histo, biochem, physiology, etc. It's your call because they'd both probably be very helpful, but for me I'd take immuno.