Any advice?

Terror Billy

FDT
2+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2016
U-boat
Status
Medical Student
With your stats it would be safe to apply to those MDs and really any DOs you would like. Make sure you apply to all of your In-State MDs as well. Also purchase MSAR and find about 15-20 other MDs to add to your list. I recommend you start applying NOW as interviews are starting to be handed out...

About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
Apply to ALL your Florida schools, including Miami. You could also add Meharry and any of these schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Reactions: ClamChowderrr
OP
ClamChowderrr

ClamChowderrr

Black. No cream. No sugar.
2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
When looking at schools using MSAR around what GPA median should I be looking at?

Terror Billy

FDT
2+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2016
U-boat
Status
Medical Student
When looking at schools using MSAR around what GPA median should I be looking at?
Your GPAs are strong, but I would use MSAR more as a guide for the MCAT scores. Find schools that interview and accept a high % of OOS students that have MCAT scores on the lower range. @Faha gave you a good list to start with.

Reactions: ClamChowderrr

all things possible

5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2013
Status
Medical Student
If you're GPA and new (504) MCAT is at or above the ~10th percentile for schools with high OOS matriculant percentage (like 25%+) that you're planning to apply to, then I'd say you're good.

Good luck this cycle :)

About the Ads