Quantcast

Take mcat for 3rd time? WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Terror Billy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With your stats it would be safe to apply to those MDs and really any DOs you would like. Make sure you apply to all of your In-State MDs as well. Also purchase MSAR and find about 15-20 other MDs to add to your list. I recommend you start applying NOW as interviews are starting to be handed out...

Reactions: 1 users

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apply to ALL your Florida schools, including Miami. You could also add Meharry and any of these schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Reactions: 1 user

ClamChowderrr

Black. No cream. No sugar.
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When looking at schools using MSAR around what GPA median should I be looking at?

Terror Billy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When looking at schools using MSAR around what GPA median should I be looking at?
Your GPAs are strong, but I would use MSAR more as a guide for the MCAT scores. Find schools that interview and accept a high % of OOS students that have MCAT scores on the lower range. @Faha gave you a good list to start with.

Reactions: 1 user

all things possible

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're GPA and new (504) MCAT is at or above the ~10th percentile for schools with high OOS matriculant percentage (like 25%+) that you're planning to apply to, then I'd say you're good.

Good luck this cycle :)