Take mcat now or wait another month ( september)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MilesVega444

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Removed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this post but whatever. Take it now, the reason why I say this is because its all luck. Sometimes you get a topic you are strong in and sometimes you don't. As for VR....that section doesnt improve over a month. Take it now and sign up for next month incase.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this post but whatever. Take it now, the reason why I say this is because its all luck. Sometimes you get a topic you are strong in and sometimes you don't. As for VR....that section doesnt improve over a month. Take it now and sign up for next month incase.

you can improve VR in a week, provided you didnt really know wtf mcat verbal really was about in the first diagnostic you took. just take every q you get wrong and write down a reason for EXACTLY why you got it wrong in a word doc. look at it before every test. at the end of the week, you should miss significantly less qs. this works if you dont have timing/comprehension issues.

You're absolutely correct, it's all luck. People who score 30+ were very fortunate on their test date, and that is the only reason they were successful.

OP, if your target score is several points higher than 22 I'd recommend you delay your test. Make sure to take advantage of the time instead of relaxing because you suddenly have an extra month. You don't have a lot of strengths when you are scoring that low, so every subject needs to be hit pretty hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

I have been getting 21-22 on my practice exams and I don't know if it would be a good idea or not to take the exam on the 12th of this month or reschedule for September 3rd or the 11th. Should I apply now or wait until I get my scores? Any advice on VERBAL R.??! Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you.

GPA 3.61 , Research, Strong LOR's, Shadowing, Volunteer work, etc.

bad advice to take it if you are scoring 21-22 on practice tests, especially since your gpa is not very spectacular. Keep studying, and when you can consistently score closer to thirty then give it a shot. if you're still scoring 21-22 in september then take it anyway (nothing to lose).