-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Take PCAT tomorrow!
Started by legitlax101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I used Dr. collins mainly too im taking it on Friday. Most people said that the experimental would be passage
GOOD LUCK!I used Dr. collins mainly too im taking it on Friday. Most people said that the experimental would be passage
Thanks ! when are you taking yours??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tomorrow morning 8am! bright an early! Lucky for us if we don't think we did well we can always take it again in October or November! Praying I only have to do it once!Thanks ! when are you taking yours??
Thanks! When do you take yours?don't be nervous, you are gonna do well, I haven't taken mine but a lot of people are studying just Dr Collins and they have gotten a pretty good percentile and everything else, I am studying just Dr Collins as well GOOD LUCK! 🙂
Yea just being optimistic at this point lolTomorrow morning 8am! bright an early! Lucky for us if we don't think we did well we can always take it again in October or November! Praying I only have to do it once!
Hey ! Just took the PCAT today and the print out said I got a 90 composite.I'm a little nervous. I used Dr. Collins to study...anybody else use his materials and do well? Also, is it safe to say the experimental questions are the passages in bio/chem?
My scores are here as follows:
82 percentile on verbal
97 percentile on biology
***25 percentile on reading (my god i suck at reading)
77 percentle math
97 percentile chemistry
I would say that the dr collins prep def helped me with bio, chem and verbal.... however did not prepare me at all for reading. Some of the questions that appeared on his practice exams also appeared on the real pcat! I would also suggest you purchase the pearson practice test to see how you do. Good luck!
Were the pearson practice tests similiar to the questions in bio and chem? Did chem require a lot of calculations or concept based questions ? Thanks !
Hey ! Just took the PCAT today and the print out said I got a 90 composite.
My scores are here as follows:
82 percentile on verbal
97 percentile on biology
***25 percentile on reading (my god i suck at reading)
77 percentle math
97 percentile chemistry
I would say that the dr collins prep def helped me with bio, chem and verbal.... however did not prepare me at all for reading. Some of the questions that appeared on his practice exams also appeared on the real pcat! I would also suggest you purchase the pearson practice test to see how you do. Good luck!
how was the math section? were alot of questions similar to dr collins/ practice pearson tests?
Very similar questions but also very limited amount of time. I ended up having to guess on a few. And yes, a few of the questions appeared.how was the math section? were alot of questions similar to dr collins/ practice pearson tests?
from dr collins or the pearson practice?Very similar questions but also very limited amount of time. I ended up having to guess on a few. And yes, a few of the questions appeared.
bothfrom dr collins or the pearson practice?
Good job!! I bet you're happy to be done with it!both
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took mine today today and I can agree that some of the questions on the practice Pearson exams were almost word for word identical on the real thing. As long as you have given yourself enough time to prepare you'll go great! I wish I would've purchased the Dr. Collins but I will be retaking in October hopefully. Good luck, get a good nights sleep!
How was the bio like ? Pearson practice bio doesn't seem really bad was there more detailed questions? Also was the math like PT-4 or way harder ? ThanksI took mine today today and I can agree that some of the questions on the practice Pearson exams were almost word for word identical on the real thing. As long as you have given yourself enough time to prepare you'll go great! I wish I would've purchased the Dr. Collins but I will be retaking in October hopefully. Good luck, get a good nights sleep!
how was the reading section like?I took mine today today and I can agree that some of the questions on the practice Pearson exams were almost word for word identical on the real thing. As long as you have given yourself enough time to prepare you'll go great! I wish I would've purchased the Dr. Collins but I will be retaking in October hopefully. Good luck, get a good nights sleep!
i do better on the pearsons than i do on the collins for bio lolHow was the bio like ? Pearson practice bio doesn't seem really bad was there more detailed questions? Also was the math like PT-4 or way harder ? Thanks
Pearson's bio doesnt seem really bad but worried about how detailed the questions will be on the real exam lol
I did better on the biology in the practice exams than I did on the actual PCAT. I thought the math on the actual was easier and I scored way better on it than I did on the practice tests.How was the bio like ? Pearson practice bio doesn't seem really bad was there more detailed questions? Also was the math like PT-4 or way harder ? Thanks
true. have you just been focusing on bioPearson's bio doesnt seem really bad but worried about how detailed the questions will be on the real exam lol
loll yea mostly not on math much i just reviewed pearson practice tests for math and explanations
Reading section was rough. The topics weren't as interesting mainly because they weren't health related. I don't want to give away too much information!how was the reading section like?
Are you still studying?true. have you just been focusing on bio
Thanks! I know you have to bring two forms of ID? Is that just like a drivers license and a school ID or something?I took mine today today and I can agree that some of the questions on the practice Pearson exams were almost word for word identical on the real thing. As long as you have given yourself enough time to prepare you'll go great! I wish I would've purchased the Dr. Collins but I will be retaking in October hopefully. Good luck, get a good nights sleep!
yeah doing math stillAre you still studying?
i wanna sleep zzz.Zzz..Zz..
ohh lol yea idk what to do at this point
Yes those two forms would be acceptable. I would also bring a small snack for on your break. Another little piece of advice make sure to ask to use the restroom before you are brought into the room.
Good job!! I bet you're happy to be done with it!
Thank you!! you have no idea! It feels weird to not be studying right now though... xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much orgo was there this time around? What about trig? Lots of trig functions we have to recall? (domain, range)
Hey ! Just took the PCAT today and the print out said I got a 90 composite.
My scores are here as follows:
82 percentile on verbal
97 percentile on biology
***25 percentile on reading (my god i suck at reading)
77 percentle math
97 percentile chemistry
I would say that the dr collins prep def helped me with bio, chem and verbal.... however did not prepare me at all for reading. Some of the questions that appeared on his practice exams also appeared on the real pcat! I would also suggest you purchase the pearson practice test to see how you do. Good luck!
for bio and chem the passages, did you attempt them at all? since they are experimental
for bio and chem the passages, did you attempt them at all? since they are experimental
LOL tbh.. I did not know they were experimental... I had a lot of time left so yea, I did. They're not hard. I answer like 80% of it without reading passage.
Are you gonna attempt the passages? lolfor bio and chem the passages, did you attempt them at all? since they are experimental
idk maybe not lol since they are experimental. dont want to waste time on something that wont countAre you gonna attempt the passages? lol
How was the pcat?? How was bio? Detailed and chemI'm a little nervous. I used Dr. Collins to study...anybody else use his materials and do well? Also, is it safe to say the experimental questions are the passages in bio/chem?
7
720606
I took mine on the 17th of September. I'm new to SDN, but here are my preliminary scores (I used dr.Collins to study everything and skimmed the kaplan Bio section the might before):
Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97
I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?
Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97
I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K