Take PCAT tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legitlax101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little nervous. I used Dr. Collins to study...anybody else use his materials and do well? Also, is it safe to say the experimental questions are the passages in bio/chem?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't be nervous, you are gonna do well, I haven't taken mine but a lot of people are studying just Dr Collins and they have gotten a pretty good percentile and everything else, I am studying just Dr Collins as well GOOD LUCK! :)

don't be nervous, you are gonna do well, I haven't taken mine but a lot of people are studying just Dr Collins and they have gotten a pretty good percentile and everything else, I am studying just Dr Collins as well GOOD LUCK! :)
Thanks! When do you take yours?

I'm a little nervous. I used Dr. Collins to study...anybody else use his materials and do well? Also, is it safe to say the experimental questions are the passages in bio/chem?
Hey ! Just took the PCAT today and the print out said I got a 90 composite.

My scores are here as follows:

82 percentile on verbal
97 percentile on biology
***25 percentile on reading (my god i suck at reading)
77 percentle math
97 percentile chemistry

I would say that the dr collins prep def helped me with bio, chem and verbal.... however did not prepare me at all for reading. Some of the questions that appeared on his practice exams also appeared on the real pcat! I would also suggest you purchase the pearson practice test to see how you do. Good luck!

Were the pearson practice tests similiar to the questions in bio and chem? Did chem require a lot of calculations or concept based questions ? Thanks !

82 percentile on verbal
97 percentile on biology
77 percentle math
97 percentile chemistry

I would say that the dr collins prep def helped me with bio, chem and verbal.... however did not prepare me at all for reading. Some of the questions that appeared on his practice exams also appeared on the real pcat! I would also suggest you purchase the pearson practice test to see how you do. Good luck!

how was the math section? were alot of questions similar to dr collins/ practice pearson tests?

how was the math section? were alot of questions similar to dr collins/ practice pearson tests?
Very similar questions but also very limited amount of time. I ended up having to guess on a few. And yes, a few of the questions appeared.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine today today and I can agree that some of the questions on the practice Pearson exams were almost word for word identical on the real thing. As long as you have given yourself enough time to prepare you'll go great! I wish I would've purchased the Dr. Collins but I will be retaking in October hopefully. Good luck, get a good nights sleep!

I took mine today today and I can agree that some of the questions on the practice Pearson exams were almost word for word identical on the real thing. As long as you have given yourself enough time to prepare you'll go great! I wish I would've purchased the Dr. Collins but I will be retaking in October hopefully. Good luck, get a good nights sleep!
How was the bio like ? Pearson practice bio doesn't seem really bad was there more detailed questions? Also was the math like PT-4 or way harder ? Thanks

how was the reading section like?

How was the bio like ? Pearson practice bio doesn't seem really bad was there more detailed questions? Also was the math like PT-4 or way harder ? Thanks
I did better on the biology in the practice exams than I did on the actual PCAT. I thought the math on the actual was easier and I scored way better on it than I did on the practice tests.

Thanks! I know you have to bring two forms of ID? Is that just like a drivers license and a school ID or something?

Yes those two forms would be acceptable. I would also bring a small snack for on your break. Another little piece of advice make sure to ask to use the restroom before you are brought into the room.

82 percentile on verbal
97 percentile on biology
77 percentle math
97 percentile chemistry

for bio and chem the passages, did you attempt them at all? since they are experimental

for bio and chem the passages, did you attempt them at all? since they are experimental

LOL tbh.. I did not know they were experimental... I had a lot of time left so yea, I did. They're not hard. I answer like 80% of it without reading passage.

I took mine on the 17th of September. I'm new to SDN, but here are my preliminary scores (I used dr.Collins to study everything and skimmed the kaplan Bio section the might before):

Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97

I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?