Take pre reqs in gap year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkprincess246

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to take some of my pre reqs during my gap year/summer before the gap year. I know people who apply without taking a gap year take classes during their fourth year of college so I would assume this is the same, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it ok to take some of my pre reqs during my gap year/summer before the gap year. I know people who apply without taking a gap year take classes during their fourth year of college so I would assume this is the same, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

If your question is "can I apply without all pre-reqs" completed, the answer is yes. As long as you take the mcat and do well before August (preferably before June) and get your application in early, it won't matter if you have a class or two pending.

Members don't see this ad :)
@lazymed Is that for all schools? I am not sure if I have been reading correctly but it seemed like some schools didn't allow that. For example New York College of Medicine has that it is ok to not have biochemistry done by time of applying but it doesn't say that about the other pre reqs

@lazymed Is that for all schools? I am not sure if I have been reading correctly but it seemed like some schools didn't allow that. For example New York College of Medicine has that it is ok to not have biochemistry done by time of applying but it doesn't say that about the other pre reqs

I couldn't tell you if all schools are ok with that, but the vast majority should be. Maybe contact any schools that you're interested in applying to or look at their website.

Wait are you saying you want to apply before having all pre-reqs done? That might be different and I would check with the schools you are applying to.