biturbomunkie

oorah!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
cali
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i hate posting another GPA-related question. but this is buggin me quite a bit. i'm taking pre-calc this summer and i'm not doing well. it seems like i'll probably be getting a "C."

it's too late to drop now... you think i should just take a "D" so then i can retake the course later on?

my mind is telling to to take the "D" and retake. but at the same time i don't wanna go deal with the whole thing again.

p.s. i do understand that there's no excuse for a dedicated student. but i am working 40+ hrs a week. in addition my gf and i are having some issues lately.

your opinion will be very much appreciated. TIA.

prepharmacys

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
BiTurboBoi said:
i hate posting another GPA-related question. but this is buggin me quite a bit. i'm taking pre-calc this summer and i'm not doing well. it seems like i'll probably be getting a "C."

it's too late to drop now... you think i should just take a "D" so then i can retake the course later on?

my mind is telling to to take the "D" and retake. but at the same time i don't wanna go deal with the whole thing again.

p.s. i do understand that there's no excuse for a dedicated student. but i am working 40+ hrs a week. in addition my gf and i are having some issues lately.

your opinion will be very much appreciated. TIA.
Okay.. Are you getting a C or D? Go ahead and take the C. If you were planning to lower it to D to retake, dont do that. Its a credit report your transcripts. If you get a c ,why retake it? Youve passed then move on to calculas and get an A. Ofcourse a retake with a c is better than with a D. Your doing great!!

taloddar2002

Slacker
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
Kentucky
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
prepharmacys said:
Okay.. Are you getting a C or D? Go ahead and take the C. If you were planning to lower it to D to retake, dont do that. Its a credit report your transcripts. If you get a c ,why retake it? Youve passed then move on to calculas and get an A. Ofcourse a retake with a c is better than with a D. Your doing great!!

Don't lower your grade to a D just so you can retake it. A couple of Cs on your transcript won't kill your chances. My precalculus class was much harder than calculus (we covered a TON of stuff in precalc). Work hard and get your C (or maybe even better if you're lucky) and kick tail in calculus.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.