Take the GRE now or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amerijump44

Reaction score
Hello all,

So I had originally set my GRE test day to June 13th. Some things had come up for my plans this summer so I ended up changing the test date to late July. Or so I thought. I got a reminder email today about my appointment time for June 13th and it is outside the 4 day window to cancel. I have been lightly studying the past 2 months and according to Magoosh I started at about 300 OVR with 151 V 149 Q. About a month ago I did another one of their mock tests and got a 306 OVR with a 155 V and 151 Q. It has been about 3 weeks since then so I imagine my scores will be around the same if not slightly better. I do not feel as prepared as I would like to be however I am now faced with two options...
1. Not take the test and lose my $205
2. Take the test not fully prepared

I weighed the pros and cons of this and I think taking the test may be the better option since I have been studying and I can use it as a guide to what what I need to really focus and improve on if I need to retake. As far as I am aware of retaking the GRE does not hurt your chances to get into PT schools especially with ETS's score select.

What do you guys think I should do? My GRE date is now in two days so wish me luck!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can't get a refund might as well take it instead of throwing the money away.

Reactions: 1 users
Take it since you are not getting refund anyway.