Take this test part 3:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osimsDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) High levels of estrogen will...
a) Induce the hypothalamus to secrete GnRH
b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production
d) Form the corpus luteum

2) Which molecule is stored in the vacuoles of plants that can undergo CAM photosynthesis?
a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

3) Has protonephridia and bilaterial symmetry; you would classify this as:
a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

4) Where does CO2 couple with Rubisco in C4 plants?
a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade
e) Meristematic Mesophyll

5) A decrease in ADH vasoppresin would cause all of the following except?
a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

Members don't see this ad.

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

2) Which molecule is stored in the vacuoles of plants that can undergo CAM photosynthesis?
a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

Members don't see this ad :)
b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

A

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

D??

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

B but maybe also E?

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

???

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

D ADH increases reabsorption of water in the collecting duct so no less ADH = less reabsorption = diluted urine

b) Inhibit ovulation-could be this too i think?
c) Induce FSH production-
d) Form the corpus luteum because high level of estrogen will cuase a surge in LH which is followed by sharp decrease in estrogen and forms the corpus luteum

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid only thing i remem bout CAM photosyn is that it assoc with Malic Acid but i thought taht CO2 is uptaken at night and CONVERTED to Malic acid...so if this is the answer its not a molecule stored in the vacuoles of plants but it is what CO2 is converted to. so something else is prally the answer im assuming
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida?

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure i think increased alsosterone or ADH would cause this
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida (?)

Where does CO2 couple with Rubisco in C4 plants?
a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

come on people, a few more healthy posts and i will post the answers...

Dude you are going way way overboard. Honestly your time would be spent better studying more variety of all sections than these details.

Dude you are going way way overboard. Honestly your time would be spent better studying more variety of all sections than these details.

Who says I havent...my theory is if you know everything to its detail then you know everything from the surface...

For example:
The first question about the menstraul cycle, you have to know the whole process in order to understand the question in its entirety, i made the questions that way...it makes you think of the whole process as a whole. Obviously things questions like this will not pop up on the exam but if you can understand every process to detail then you will figure answers out easy...And btw no one has gotten the first question correct...probably because they are missing the detail involved to answer the question. This is on the level of destroyer, were there questions on the real exam like destroyer, prob not but did it teach you things...for sure it did. thanks

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid (I have no clue on this one, I need to brush up on photosynthesis)
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida ( I know earthworms have nephridia and bilateral symmetry, but idk.....protonephridia?? sounds like an embryonic form?)

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell (isnt a Cactus a good example of a C4 plant?)
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine (i'm going with this one due to the pact that decreasing ADH decreases the permeability of the collecting duct........but wouldn't it to some extent effect Na+ absorbtion..which would effect blood pressure?)
e) All of the above

Wow, good test man. I'm curious now.......and can't fall asleep.

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid (I have no clue on this one, I need to brush up on photosynthesis)
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida ( I know earthworms have nephridia and bilateral symmetry, but idk.....protonephridia?? sounds like an embryonic form?)

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell (isnt a Cactus a good example of a C4 plant?)
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine (i'm going with this one due to the pact that decreasing ADH decreases the permeability of the collecting duct........but wouldn't it to some extent effect Na+ absorbtion..which would effect blood pressure?)
e) All of the above

Wow, good test man. I'm curious now.......and can't fall asleep.

Thanks, but according to some ppl my tests suck...i guess ill stop posting them

keep posting please,

your questions actually make me to THINK and STUDY more which i believe it will only help me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, but according to some ppl my tests suck...i guess ill stop posting them

Are you kidding?? Your tests are great, b/c people share info even when we get the answers right, and if we don't know them, we are encouraged to study harder for bio. I was planning on a "bio-day" tomorrow anyway, but now i'm pumped to dig into Schaums!

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

Alright everyone, nice job overall, here are the answers and explanations:

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

Ok so basically the cycle starts from a decrease in the blood of estrogen or progesterone, if you have high levels of estrogen or progesterone in the blood the receptors will not signal the hypothalamus to secrete GnRH which ultimately stimulates the anterior pituitary to produce FSH for the follicular phase, if you dont have FSH you dont undergo ovulation...

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

During the night these plants open their stomata and CO2 is let in, it is quickly transfered into Malic Acid and stored in the vacuole of the cell throughout the night where malic acid accumulates (the pH of the cell may become very acidic during this time), during the day malic acid exits the vacoule and turns back into CO2 joining Rubisco in the Calvin Cycle. This is an adaptation to Photorespiration (plants dont like this b/c of the affinity of Rubisco to O2 over CO2)...how funny exactly opposite of hemoglobin..

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

Protonephridia are also known as flame cells, flame cells are found in platyhelminths (flatworms) which also show bilateral symmetry...Protonephridia should not be confused with metanephridia which are found in annelids, molluscs, and arthropods

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

This well adapted plant transfers the CO2 taken in by the mesophyll cell into malate and then transfers the malate into the bundle sheath cells adjacent to the mesophyll cells. The bundle sheath cells contain little O2, so photorespiration is limited and the cell can harness ripe energy from CO2...(because O2 + rubisco yields an unfavorable end product)

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

ADH vasoppresin increases the reabsorption of H20 in the distal convoluted tubule as well as the collecting ducts of the nephron...if you decrease the levels of ADH then you will get Low blood pressure, diluted urine b/c water is not being absorbed properly and the urine will contain more water then normal, and diabetes insepidus is a condition when the urine is diluted which is the same as answer D...

thank you for everyone who participated, and good job overall people!!!

question number 1

shouldn't you have to mention high level of estrogen IN THE BLOOD in the question? just my thought.

Thanks for the answers! damn i gotta go study some more menstruation.

I am only good at calculating the dates when you don't have to use condoms. but thanks.

good catch streetwolf! i def read that wrong...i hope i dont do that on test day!! nice test osims! dont worry about the haters! your tests help me and im assuming many other people here. plus thinking of those questions probably benefits you too!

ahh! #1 is tricky!! See I thought we are already in the menstrual cycle. So if we have high levels of estrogen, which means we are in ovulation phase. So I was thinking answer choice d, which is the next step after ovulation. Nice!!

when i woke up, i thouhgt about question number 1 and i think the question itself was oriented to be treaky. (if that make sense to you guys, sometimes I write stuff that does not make sense grammarically = international student) anyways alright, let me ask you a question regarding number 1 again.

question says

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

in order to get this question right, you have to think critical. I see how osimsDDS presented his reasons, but let me ask you a question.

1. the question itself does not give enough information to think correct.
mentrual cycle has two phases, follical phase and luteal phase. and both phases have relatively high concentration of estrogen. If the question was asking if you have high estrogen concentration during follical phase, which means high estrogen concentration triggers positive feed back to hypothalamus which secretes GnRH to produce more estrogen. and when the estrogen reached certain amount, you get midsurge of LH and ovulation happens.

2. IF the question was asking high estrogen during luteal phase or after ovulation. the corpus luteum produces both progestreron and estrogen which trigger negative feedback back to anterior pituitary to stop produce FSH and LH. and this inhibits further ovulation right after you ovulate an egg. IF the question meant higher concentration of estrogen than progestron which only happens if the patient has cancer which inhibits hormon production. but i don't think he did, the concept is too hard for DAT.

few options with different answers.

if high concentration of estrogen and progestron, then what happens?
then the answer should be B.

if you have high estrogen in the follical phase, then?
then the answer should be A

if you have high progestron anytime, then
the answer should be always inhibiting ovulation

My thought is that when you only have high estrogen and low progestron, it will only promote ovulation b/c of positive feedback. however, if you have high estrogen and progestron, this will inhibit ovulation

please correct me if i am wrong. i wrote in hurry cause i gotta go work, but really good college-level question.
see you!

Last edited:
b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

Okay, so the flame cell system is the same protonephridia, but I googled the term and it turns out that rotifers also have the same system!!!

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

Last edited:
I just wanted to mention again that these questions that osims has been putting up were very helpful. I took my DAT yesterday and there were some very relevant and informative topics discussed in these threads that proved helpful on test day.

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

a) glucose
b) sucrose
c) Malic Acid
d) Formic Acid
e) Absisic Acid

a) Roundworm
b) flatworm
c) echinoderm
d) Rotifera
e) Annelida

a) Bunndle Root cell
b) Bundle Sheath Cell
c) Mesophyll Cell
d) Pallisade

a) Diabetes insepidus
b) Low blood pressure
c) High Blood pressure
d) Diluted urine
e) All of the above

when i woke up, i thouhgt about question number 1 and i think the question itself was oriented to be treaky. (if that make sense to you guys, sometimes I write stuff that does not make sense grammarically = international student) anyways alright, let me ask you a question regarding number 1 again.

question says

b) Inhibit ovulation
c) Induce FSH production

in order to get this question right, you have to think critical. I see how osimsDDS presented his reasons, but let me ask you a question.

1. the question itself does not give enough information to think correct.
mentrual cycle has two phases, follical phase and luteal phase. and both phases have relatively high concentration of estrogen. If the question was asking if you have high estrogen concentration during follical phase, which means high estrogen concentration triggers positive feed back to hypothalamus which secretes GnRH to produce more estrogen. and when the estrogen reached certain amount, you get midsurge of LH and ovulation happens.

2. IF the question was asking high estrogen during luteal phase or after ovulation. the corpus luteum produces both progestreron and estrogen which trigger negative feedback back to anterior pituitary to stop produce FSH and LH. and this inhibits further ovulation right after you ovulate an egg. IF the question meant higher concentration of estrogen than progestron which only happens if the patient has cancer which inhibits hormon production. but i don't think he did, the concept is too hard for DAT.

few options with different answers.

if high concentration of estrogen and progestron, then what happens?
then the answer should be B.

if you have high estrogen in the follical phase, then?
then the answer should be A

if you have high progestron anytime, then
the answer should be always inhibiting ovulation

My thought is that when you only have high estrogen and low progestron, it will only promote ovulation b/c of positive feedback. however, if you have high estrogen and progestron, this will inhibit ovulation

please correct me if i am wrong. i wrote in hurry cause i gotta go work, but really good college-level question.
see you!

yea you are probably right, i should have put in the blood, I was going to edit it late yesterday but everyone was gonna get mad...i knew someone would catch it...but hey it made you think which is good

Osimsdds, keep on posting. Good job. I got all the answers right [before checking it with your solution]. I wonder how people can say 'a' for first question, or anything except high blood pressure for the last question. I got lucky on the flatworm though. I was not sure about that one.

harrygt,

the first question is so vague, but if i was to answer that exact question on the test then i would put answer A.

i explained my reasoning up there