Taking a Bio class for P/NP?

Started by deleted289008
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted289008

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, so I am signing up for classes next Fall at UCSD and I am having trouble deciding to either take the class for a letter grade, P/NP, or not at all!

I have already completed my major and this is a biology class (Medical Microbiology) that I just want to take for the material, but I'm also taking a lot of other classes which will take up a lot of my time. I will be graduating this year and this class is only offered in the Fall, so I can't take it any other quarter. At UCSD, Mammalian Physiology Lab has a stigma of being the harshest biology class (and even more because it's a lab). I'm afraid that I won't have time to get an A in Medical Microbiology if I take it for a letter grade. Keep in mind that I will also be working for 25-30 hours a week! Suggestions? Would it look bad to Pharmacy Schools that I'm taking a 4 unit Biology class for P/NP?

I will be taking:

Economics
Mammalian Physiology Lab
Mammalian Physiology 2
Honors Thesis in Biology
Medical Microbiology
 
Hey everyone, so I am signing up for classes next Fall at UCSD and I am having trouble deciding to either take the class for a letter grade, P/NP, or not at all!

I have already completed my major and this is a biology class (Medical Microbiology) that I just want to take for the material, but I'm also taking a lot of other classes which will take up a lot of my time. I will be graduating this year and this class is only offered in the Fall, so I can't take it any other quarter. At UCSD, Mammalian Physiology Lab has a stigma of being the harshest biology class (and even more because it's a lab). I'm afraid that I won't have time to get an A in Medical Microbiology if I take it for a letter grade. Keep in mind that I will also be working for 25-30 hours a week! Suggestions? Would it look bad to Pharmacy Schools that I'm taking a 4 unit Biology class for P/NP?

I will be taking:

Economics
Mammalian Physiology Lab
Mammalian Physiology 2
Honors Thesis in Biology
Medical Microbiology

Why don't you just Audit the course, then? You won't have to worry about the grade.