papi21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
How will taking a leave of absence for a year or a semester to travel to Oregon or Brazil to set my life straight affect the decision on the admissions council? I think it'll be a good experience and something cool to tell in my interview. I could get a job during that time too.

AlwaysImproving

10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
woohoo Brazil!! I am from there :D:hardy::highfive::soexcited::clap::bow::welcome::corny::banana::biglove:

I must also say that I love the US!

Sorry for not answering your question, I don't know the answer...

Flossy13

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i think it would either not effect, or if anything, positively affect your application. just make sure to keep doing some volunteer work or get a dental related job.. jsut keep building your app stronger

About the Ads

dent2009

YEEE BOI
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
How will taking a leave of absence for a year or a semester to travel to Oregon or Brazil to set my life straight affect the decision on the admissions council? I think it'll be a good experience and something cool to tell in my interview. I could get a job during that time too.

Oregon or Brazil? Interesting choices...

schwing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
  2. Dentist
i don't think it would really matter. as long as you do your pre-reqs, gpa, dat, dental experience and don't get into any trouble. probably make you more mature and have some experience to talk about. i don't know what you mean by 'setting your life straight', but doing that and coming back strong seems like a positive thing!

oregon or brazil - why there? i agree, interesting choices.

Simiam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Most Mormon applicants have 2 year leaves of absences for missions for their church... It hasn't negatively affected them so I'd say you're fine.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.