taking a leave of absence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papi21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How will taking a leave of absence for a year or a semester to travel to Oregon or Brazil to set my life straight affect the decision on the admissions council? I think it'll be a good experience and something cool to tell in my interview. I could get a job during that time too.

Members don't see this ad.

woohoo Brazil!! I am from there :D:hardy::highfive::soexcited::clap::bow::welcome::corny::banana::biglove:

I must also say that I love the US!

Sorry for not answering your question, I don't know the answer...

i think it would either not effect, or if anything, positively affect your application. just make sure to keep doing some volunteer work or get a dental related job.. jsut keep building your app stronger

Members don't see this ad :)
How will taking a leave of absence for a year or a semester to travel to Oregon or Brazil to set my life straight affect the decision on the admissions council? I think it'll be a good experience and something cool to tell in my interview. I could get a job during that time too.

Oregon or Brazil? Interesting choices...

i don't think it would really matter. as long as you do your pre-reqs, gpa, dat, dental experience and don't get into any trouble. probably make you more mature and have some experience to talk about. i don't know what you mean by 'setting your life straight', but doing that and coming back strong seems like a positive thing!

oregon or brazil - why there? i agree, interesting choices.

Most Mormon applicants have 2 year leaves of absences for missions for their church... It hasn't negatively affected them so I'd say you're fine.