Taking a poll about AA on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistDMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What minimum AA score, in your opinion, would be considered "excellent" on DAT? Somewhat subjective issue, I would imagine. Nonetheless, I would like to gather some responses from you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Voted.

A little off-topic: how many of you guys know that your AA doesn't factor in your PA score? I didn't know until a day or two ago, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
379.jpg

There are a lot of schools that have a 20AA average, whereas only a few have a 21AA average or higher. This said, I voted for the 21. :)

I voted for 21 too as that is around 90-95 percentile score.

Here is my detailed breakdown:

19 = Average for Admission
20 = Pretty Good
21 = Very Darn Good
22 = Excellent
23 = Stud
24 = Big Man on Campus
25 = Gladiator
26-27 = Elite/Genius
28-30 = Freak of Nature

Last edited:
I voted for 21 too as that is around 90-95 percentile score.

Here is my detailed breakdown:

19 = Average for Admission
20 = Pretty Good
21 = Very Darn Good
22 = Excellent
23 = Stud
24 = Big Man on Campus
25 = Gladiator
26-27 = Elite/Genius
28-30 = Freak of Nature

ses+avg+joe.jpg

istockphoto_5216903-nerd-young-man-isolated-on-white.jpg

nerd.jpg

excellent.jpg

ferrari-enzo-doors-open.jpg

badass8zz_BADASS-s384x360-50515-580.jpg

desktop-wallpapers-films-3-gladiator-p.jpg

26-27
harvard_shield_wreath.png

28-30
et.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hahahha, damn, nice pics.

But you give too much props to Havard. Their entering class had an average DAT of 21 last year.

But 21 is an awesome score. It was what I was aiming for, as it's the threshold score that can open a lot of doors.

Hahahha, damn, nice pics.

But you give too much props to Havard. Their entering class had an average DAT of 21 last year.

But 21 is an awesome score. It was what I was aiming for, as it's the threshold score that can open a lot of doors.

Yeah... actually that nerd with the book is what is truly representative of Harvard :laugh:

Nonetheless, my vote goes out to 21 as 19 is slightly below average and 20 is slightly above average, therefore putting 21 at well above the average sector!

Yeah... actually that nerd with the book is what is truly representative of Harvard :laugh:

Nonetheless, my vote goes out to 21 as 19 is slightly below average and 20 is slightly above average, therefore putting 21 at well above the average sector!
Have you ever been to Harvard?

Haha I was asking because Harvard undergrad students didn't seem "nerdy" at all when I was visiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha!!! I could only dream of a 23 like yours. I'm not a bio major and just started a year and a half ago. You're definitely smarter than the average albino bear.

Lol, i was just kidding with my response.

When i tell people how i score, they always ask me what's it out of, and then tell me that it's not that hard to get 23/30 on a test lol. People make over 80 on their tests in college all the time... Then i try explaining the percentile, and then they think everyone else is just dumb. lol

And when I try to explain standard scoring, their head just explodes.

The highest average DAT out of all the dental school entering class is 22, which belongs to Columbia. So a 22AA DAT would get you into every dental school, as long as the rest of the application up to par.

22 would be excellent, because you would be seriously considered at all dental schools.

Following your logic, Harvard's average a few years ago was about 24. So 24, not 22, would be the minimum score to be considered "excellent?" Haha this just goes on to show how subjective this can be. Anyway, keep the votes coming everyone. The voting will wrap up sometime next week.

What minimum AA score, in your opinion, would be considered "excellent" on DAT? Somewhat subjective issue, I would imagine. Nonetheless, I would like to gather some responses from you all.

I have a strange feeling that the OP is part of an adcom. Am I right?

Perhaps NOVA...?

Following your logic, Harvard's average a few years ago was about 24. So 24, not 22, would be the minimum score to be considered "excellent?" Haha this just goes on to show how subjective this can be. Anyway, keep the votes coming everyone. The voting will wrap up sometime next week.

Harvard's DAT isn't what it used to be. It was 21AA last year, a far cry from the 24AA in 2006. Maybe they realized that accepting people based on their DAT scores weren't such a great idea? After a certain score, let's say 22AA, everyone is on even footing, and other components of their application should be scrutinized further.

As of 2011, 22AA is the score ALL dental school will consider 'excellent'.
A 21AA, while still a great score, will be considered below average at Columbia.

Harvard's DAT isn't what it used to be. It was 21AA last year, a far cry from the 24AA in 2006. Maybe they realized that accepting people based on their DAT scores weren't such a great idea? After a certain score, let's say 22AA, everyone is on even footing, and other components of their application should be scrutinized further.

A 21AA, while still a great score, will be considered below average at Columbia.
Cool story bro :thumbup:

This is pretty much the reason why I voted for 22.
But of course I will be happy with 21