Taking a semester with NO science classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrivera

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am a Biology major, and as it looks right now, I plan on taking 5 courses(a few that count as electives, and the rest are courses I just wanted to take out of interest). Is this an issue? Med schools want to see if you can handle many science courses, and I have demonstrated that in the past, but only with 2-3 science classes/semester though. This is my LAST semester before I apply, so is this still ok?

I plan on taking an upper level Sociology course, english 2, Macroecon, a language course, and an honors course.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that it is probably ok, granted that you have already taking enough science, to show that you are able to do it. These courses now can help show your well-roundedness =) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of people who apply to med school aren't science majors and take many semesters without science courses. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your semester. :)

Only thing that matters is your grades. In the end, those little intricacies (and the overall difficulty of your workload) just don't really matter. Comes down to the bottom line.

Keep in mind, also, that many successful applicants are non-science majors. They have semesters during which they don't take any sciences. Not a consideration as long as you do well.

Many wish they could have such a semester...let the brain have a break...

I have not had a semester without a science/math/engineering class since college started...and it will continue that way