Taking APUSH or not?

jonak

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So right now I am a high school sophomore and currently taking AP World HIstory. I feel that it consumes a lot of my time and I really don't want to take APUSH next year. Seeing a lot of other people take it, would taking APUSH help with my chance to get into a BS/MD program?

My planned ap classes for high school: world, calc, bio, phys, chem, psyc, english, stats

would taking apush and/or ap micro or macro econ. be benefial to the point where most of my time and energy is focused on that one course?

Also doing the above would allow me to say that I took the most rigorous courses that my school has offered.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This one course shouldn't make an impact, and by the looks of things you already have a good amount of science/math courses lined up that are AP.
I just wasn't sure, because if I don't take it then it might seem as if I don't challenge myself enough by not taking the most rigorous classes possible.

Now I will probably just stick to my org. plan to take reg. us hist. and econ. bc it doesn't have such a big impact.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just wasn't sure, because if I don't take it then it might seem as if I don't challenge myself enough by not taking the most rigorous classes possible.

Now I will probably just stick to my org. plan to take reg. us hist. and econ. bc it doesn't have such a big impact.
I wouldn't, it is very rigorous and wouldn't contribute much towards an application for bs/md

Literally only got credit for AP stats and that is not the reason I'm in med school now. XD. It's hard to imagine now, but in four years, this won't be on your mind at all, whatever path you choose.

Reactions: 1 user