Taking classes after submitting application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patricklin27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying this summer and I'm a graduating senior. My gpa still needs a little boost so I plan on taking a couple of classes over the summer and a couple of classes over the fall at a local college. My question is: will most schools factor in your summer/fall grades after you send your application or will they already be sending out interviews before the fall term ends? My friend who's in NYU dental school said they send out interviews in Feb, which is after the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

they start sending out interview invites in late july/early august, but they can still be interviewing all the way up to march or april

Say my GPA isn't competitive yet, but if I do well in the summer and fall and boost my GPA a couple of notches, is it possible they send interview invites with my "updated" GPA or do they take those classes with a grain of salt?

Say my GPA isn't competitive yet, but if I do well in the summer and fall and boost my GPA a couple of notches, is it possible they send interview invites with my "updated" GPA or do they take those classes with a grain of salt?

Its possible. But I wouldn't bet on your updated grades making a huge difference on your app. They're not going to see your summer and fall grades until December and that might be too late for some schools.