Taking Courses at Another College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

When I go back home for the summer, I am considering taking some biology courses at a UC. Is it okay to take classes and transfer the credit back to my college? (I would get credit for taking the class, but the grade itself would not be transferred to my official transcript, I believe). I heard that taking classes at a community class might be looked down upon, but are UCs fine? What would dental schools think about this? And have any of you guys taken courses at a college other than your own?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've gathered it doesn't really matter too much what you take where.

Report all your grades and send all your transcripts to AADSAS and in just four to six gut wrenching weeks of nervous anticipation out pops a number that the schools get to look at. As long as everything is reported and accumulated into your GPA report there's no reason to fret.

I wouldn't take your core sciences at a university other than the one you plan on graduating from, but if it's just an elective or a major requirement that isn't directly related to the pre dental reqs, you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCs are fine, idk what these other people are smoking

It's fine. The only problem is that it's going to be a real pain to collect all those transcripts when the time comes...

It's fine. The only problem is that it's going to be a real pain to collect all those transcripts when the time comes...

Haha... yeah, this is true. More transcripts = more hassle.