Taking courses over?

Started by tmac01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tmac01

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that some schools give grade forgiveness, such as the school I attend. I have at least 3 scores that I would like to retake to upgrade my gpa from a 3.1. 2 of them are C's I got in courses that are prereqs to pharmacy school. The other is a D that i got in this Music in your life class that I couldn't bare to take over again.

I only have 2 grade forgiveness' left, I know if i retake the D it would have a greater impact on my gpa. But the 2 C's are in my prereqs.

In my opinion I want to use one on the C and the other on the D. What do you guys suggest, am I wrong and I want a higher prereq gpa?

I hope this makes sense.
 
I would re-take the C courses as those will have a bearing on your admission to pharmacy school. The D in music will not and probably would be a waste of money re-taking!
🙂

I understand that some schools give grade forgiveness, such as the school I attend. I have at least 3 scores that I would like to retake to upgrade my gpa from a 3.1. 2 of them are C's I got in courses that are prereqs to pharmacy school. The other is a D that i got in this Music in your life class that I couldn't bare to take over again.

I only have 2 grade forgiveness' left, I know if i retake the D it would have a greater impact on my gpa. But the 2 C's are in my prereqs.

In my opinion I want to use one on the C and the other on the D. What do you guys suggest, am I wrong and I want a higher prereq gpa?

I hope this makes sense.
 
Do you have any prerequisite courses left to take? It would be a shame to waste in on a C class, if something happens and you get a D in another class. If you're done with your prereqs, then go ahead and retake the C classes.
 
I only have 2 pre-reqs left and Im currently enrolled in both of them. Right now I have an A in those courses.