Taking Courses Pass/Fail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katieburrito

Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m not sure about other schools, but our university offered the option to take all of our courses pass/fail this semester. On one hand, I woudn’t mind taking my hardest course pass/fail because it will relieve a lot of stress (thanks miss rona). I’ve already been accepted to DMU and paid my deposit, but would taking a class pass/fail reflect badly on me?

Members don't see this ad.

I’d reach out to your program and ask! My program emailed us and said a grade of “pass” was acceptable. Since there are schools that are fully switching to the pass/fail option and not giving students the choice to opt in, programs have to adapt their grading policies

If the school already accepted you, the rule is usually that you have to pass all pre-reqs by the time you start DPT program. The grade does not matter and will not change anything since you have been accepted. But double-check with the school that it is ok with "pass.".

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen a lot of schools saying they're making exceptions for this semester and allowing pass/fail classes on prerequisites since many students are taking classes pass/fail and some students attend schools where that is the only option.