Taking DAT 9/19--too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nik2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking it in mid August but have pushed it back to the 19th. I submitted AADSAS in May and secondaries are in so all that is left is the DAT but is that too late to be considered for the 2008 cycle? I'm going to plan on faxing my scores to the schools so they have them sooner but really hope that I am going to be ok on my timing.

I guess I really shouldn't be worried about it and should focus on getting the best score possible but I can't help but worry about it.

Am I ok???

Members don't see this ad.

i m kind of in the same boat. i was goin to take it in mid aug. but my son got really sick and i couldn't focus on neither the test nor my son. so i had to push it back to sept 21.

a friend of mine did his application and dat somewhere in oct/november. and got called in december. and his AA was 19, with average GPA. he is in his 4th year dental school. he actually decided 3 months before he got in school that he wanted to do dental. so i guess it is possible.

but yea, if any advice i need it too.

Its a little late, but you should still be ok. Dont stress too much about when you are gonna take it right now, but really just try to focus on the material.

good luck!

i m kind of in the same boat. i was goin to take it in mid aug. but my son got really sick and i couldn't focus on neither the test nor my son. so i had to push it back to sept 21.

a friend of mine did his application and dat somewhere in oct/november. and got called in december. and his AA was 19, with average GPA. he is in his 4th year dental school. he actually decided 3 months before he got in school that he wanted to do dental. so i guess it is possible.

but yea, if any advice i need it too.

that's great ur friend has same stats as me..BUT..getting into dental school 3 years ago (seeing as how he's in 4th year dental school) was SOOO Much easier back then than it is now unfortunately..

anyway, sept 19th isn't too late at all..as long as u have all ur stuff in, u should be ok. u can also call the schools and see if u can fax them a copy.