1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Taking dat after submitting application

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jmukid, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jmukid

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I have a quick question. Im planning on applying tomorrow and im not taking my dat until the 17th of august. I was wondering will dental school get my application before my dat score? ive heard processing of the application takes like 4 weeks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LuckyJ07

Pre-Dental
    There's nothing wrong with that I submitted my application May 11th, and didnt take my DAT till June 28th. They recieve your application (3-4 weeks) but dont review it till they get your DAT score. It will take about two and a half weeks for them to your score.

4. jmukid

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Cool thanks for the info. I was wondering would it be too later if i waited until i took my dat on 17th and then applied? or should i apply now?

5. BobLoblawDDS

BobLoblawDDS Lost and confused
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You should apply now if you're ready to, since it'll take AADSAS 3-6 weeks to verify your GPA and process your application. In that time you can do stuff like:

- Take the DAT
    - Sort out your letters of reference
    - Freak out