Taking dat after submitting application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmukid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question. Im planning on applying tomorrow and im not taking my dat until the 17th of august. I was wondering will dental school get my application before my dat score? ive heard processing of the application takes like 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

There's nothing wrong with that I submitted my application May 11th, and didnt take my DAT till June 28th. They recieve your application (3-4 weeks) but dont review it till they get your DAT score. It will take about two and a half weeks for them to your score.

Cool thanks for the info. I was wondering would it be too later if i waited until i took my dat on 17th and then applied? or should i apply now?

Cool thanks for the info. I was wondering would it be too later if i waited until i took my dat on 17th and then applied? or should i apply now?

You should apply now if you're ready to, since it'll take AADSAS 3-6 weeks to verify your GPA and process your application. In that time you can do stuff like:

- Take the DAT
- Sort out your letters of reference
- Freak out