Taking DAT in August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth knockn

Treat others how you want to be treated
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDNers, finally I am at the stage of getting ready to take THE DAT.

DAT date: August 12..... !

Kinda late, I know. But I did some SDN research and this date is best for me to have atleast 2 months of study time after finals from May.

Can't wait!

I will post my score here as well as my DAT study schedule for the 2 months.

But I'll say one thing. I have not taken bio in 4 years nor have I taken Orgo2, Orgo 2 will be taken in the next semester after the summer!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
...But don't finals happen around May 12th? That would put you taking the test at July 12th if you studied two months...

Either way, best of luck!

...But don't finals happen around May 12th? That would put you taking the test at July 12th if you studied two months...

Either way, best of luck!

Last week day of school for me is may 21.

I wish it was earlier.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
So far dat bootcamp is very helpful,

I added Khan videos to my study and also Campbell's bio book.

I think if I skim through Campbell's I can get more "breadth" of the bio for dat.

I will spend 60% of June on bio and the other 40% on the GC OC RC qr and pat

July will be more chem for the first two weeks and math for the last two weeks while reviewing bio and pat for 20% of the July time.

Posted using SDN Mobile

How come nobody posts on my topic ?

:-(

Posted using SDN Mobile

You haven't asked any questions. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hard to say, since we don't anything about you. But as for the DAT, there are plenty of resources on this forum. But my 2 cents, study with a variety of material. Especially for parts you are having trouble with.

Are you using Chad? If not, you need to be!

Reactions: 2 users
As glimmer said. Use Chad's video. Definitely helped me refreshing my memories about orgo, bio, and chem.
Nice thing about the video is that he would highlight things you have to know and things you may ignore. So, that definitely helped me.
He talks very clearly and far from boring. Worth every penny! He's my savior for all I know lol.

BIO: Started using Craig savage videos on YouTube. He has a very calm soothing voice and is easy to listen to, each video is like 10-15 minutes long.

And I don't understand what is wrong with crack dat bio? It does not seem so bad.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I
BIO: Started using Craig savage videos on YouTube. He has a very calm soothing voice and is easy to listen to, each video is like 10-15 minutes long.

And I don't understand what is wrong with crack dat bio? It does not seem so bad.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Crack DAT Bio isn't a study material as far as I know. I recommend using Barron's AP Bio for studying :).

I would recommend DAT Achiever for practice tests. It is very challenging and way harder than the actual DAT but if you can score well on that then you will demolish the DAT. If you decide to do this I highly recommend not getting discouraged by your scores. Use whatever scores you get to determine where your weaknesses are and then work harder.

Reactions: 1 user