Taking extra classes

Started by sosk06
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sosk06

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am sure there is a post similar to this one somewhere archived but I thought I would take a chance and ask again. I am having trouble deciding if I should take a class that is not a pre-req for any of the schools I have applied to or am interviewing at. I am taking physics II post-bac but was thinking about adding on microbiology. I know the information gained in class would be beneficial, but the money is a major issue. The cost of applying to schools, supplementals, and paying back my undergrad loans has taken a toll on my expenses.

Anyway, should I just bite the bullet and take the class? I might be able to find a way to pay for it (just barely).

Sorry that my post is so long. Thanks for any advice!
 
Hi everyone,

I am sure there is a post similar to this one somewhere archived but I thought I would take a chance and ask again. I am having trouble deciding if I should take a class that is not a pre-req for any of the schools I have applied to or am interviewing at. I am taking physics II post-bac but was thinking about adding on microbiology. I know the information gained in class would be beneficial, but the money is a major issue. The cost of applying to schools, supplementals, and paying back my undergrad loans has taken a toll on my expenses.

Anyway, should I just bite the bullet and take the class? I might be able to find a way to pay for it (just barely).

Sorry that my post is so long. Thanks for any advice!

I would!!! It would look good to pharmacy schools, too. Micro is a pre req where I am going. I would definately take it. I thought that Micro was a really cool class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for all your advice. I really, really appreciate it! I am going to take it.
 
If money is an issue, take Micro at a CC. Lots of savings there!

In Florida, the CC micro class doesn't really count for anything. Micro is a 3000 level class at 4 year colleges and community colleges can't offer junior or senior level classes. Before I got my degree, I was told by several schools that it wouldn't even transfer and I'd have to take it over so I didn't bother.