Taking higher grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IkeBoy18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the schools that dont average 2 grades for a class that was retaken? I know Texas So. U. is one. I took dual credit english and history while a junior in hs and 4 big fat C's on my college transcript. I want to retake them all. But i know I can atleast retake 3. (I really dont wanna take brit lit again) the difference is huge. current gpa 3.16. with A's in place of these C's 3.51. Ofcourse I would need to know the schools with this policy. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You also need to get the As too.

IkeBoy18 said:
Does anyone know the schools that dont average 2 grades for a class that was retaken? I know Texas So. U. is one. I took dual credit english and history while a junior in hs and 4 big fat C's on my college transcript. I want to retake them all. But i know I can atleast retake 3. (I really dont wanna take brit lit again) the difference is huge. current gpa 3.16. with A's in place of these C's 3.51. Ofcourse I would need to know the schools with this policy. Thanks

I know Mercer University in Georgia takes your most recent grades.

IkeBoy18 said:

Texas Tech in Amarillo, takes the higher grade, but all they look at is your Pre-Pharm GPA. The classes you got C's in aren't taken into consideration. So, if you have a really high science GPA, you may want to apply there and not worry about taking those classes over.