1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking higher grade

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by IkeBoy18, Dec 8, 2005.

1. IkeBoy18

IkeBoy18 ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does anyone know the schools that dont average 2 grades for a class that was retaken? I know Texas So. U. is one. I took dual credit english and history while a junior in hs and 4 big fat C's on my college transcript. I want to retake them all. But i know I can atleast retake 3. (I really dont wanna take brit lit again) the difference is huge. current gpa 3.16. with A's in place of these C's 3.51. Ofcourse I would need to know the schools with this policy. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. imperial frog

imperial frog Pharm.D
    5+ Year Member

You also need to get the As too.

4. pharmchick34

pharmchick34 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know Mercer University in Georgia takes your most recent grades.

5. julierx

julierx Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Texas Tech in Amarillo, takes the higher grade, but all they look at is your Pre-Pharm GPA. The classes you got C's in aren't taken into consideration. So, if you have a really high science GPA, you may want to apply there and not worry about taking those classes over.