Taking just 3 courses during Fall semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CatDad26

MS2
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned about how much class I will miss for interviews this fall. I already have planned that I will miss the first week and a half of classes, despite doing my best to choose flight times with the least possible conflict. I'm considering just taking 3 classes this semester (which is okay given I am ahead on credits), but am afraid this may be frowned upon by medical schools. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm concerned about how much class I will miss for interviews this fall. I already have planned that I will miss the first week and a half of classes, despite doing my best to choose flight times with the least possible conflict. I'm considering just taking 3 classes this semester (which is okay given I am ahead on credits), but am afraid this may be frowned upon by medical schools. Any advice?
As long as you remain a full-time student, you will be completely fine.

Reactions: 4 users
Whether you are full or part-time, I doubt any adcomm will care. How would they even know? Strategizing to limit the negative repercussions of frequent absences is admirable, IMO.

Reactions: 1 users