Taking level II during third year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raspberry12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe the general consensus is IM comats/shelf is most helpful/close to level II. Has anyone taken it right after IM? Or after IM/OB/peds/FM? I have these rotations in the first half of the year and am considering aiming to take the exam by winter break. I also have a board prep month right after IM. I encountered test anxiety while prepping/taking level 1 so still having some level 1 knowledge fresh, getting it done early and not taking it with everyone else seems kind of delightful. I have been doing UW blocks for the past two weeks (avg-50-55) and have some extra time currently before june

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the general consensus is IM comats/shelf is most helpful/close to level II. Has anyone taken it right after IM? Or after IM/OB/peds/FM? I have these rotations in the first half of the year and am considering aiming to take the exam by winter break. I also have a board prep month right after IM. I encountered test anxiety while prepping/taking level 1 so still having some level 1 knowledge fresh, getting it done early and not taking it with everyone else seems kind of delightful. I have been doing UW blocks for the past two weeks (avg-50-55) and have some extra time currently before june

If your only goal is to pass, & you aren't shooting for a specific score, I think you might be able to pull it off. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. You need the foundational peds, surgery, ob/gyn, & FM in order to do well.

I'd take a practice exam or something ahead of time to make sure though; failing would not be in anyone's best interest, especially since most people perform better on Level 2.

Reactions: 1 user