TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Status (Visible)
Just thought I'd relieve the pressure ...

If I went and took the MCAT *cold*, relying only my reading comprehension skills - how much do you think I could score? Besides the 15 stand=alone questions, are there any questions from the passages that assume ANY prior knowledge of the subject?

Again - this is only a half-serious question, but your responses would be interesting.

MrTee

15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Only way to know is to take it and find out. A cheaper way to get an approximation would be to get a hold of an AAMC test and take it under test conditions and see what you get.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'd say 50% of the passage questions are essentially standalones because they can be answered without the passage (often times the passage is a waste of time IMHO).

About the Ads

DoctorInSpace

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Cerberus
I'd say 50% of the passage questions are essentially standalones because they can be answered without the passage (often times the passage is a waste of time IMHO).

Ditto. I'd say it might even be more like 60-65%. Sometimes there is just a word or two, or a figure in the passage that relates to a question, and all the other questions stand alone.

You post an interesting question......i wonder what would have happened if I did that....???

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.