1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking MCAT cold

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by TripleDegree, Mar 16, 2004.

1. TripleDegree

TripleDegree Joker Doctor
    10+ Year Member

Just thought I'd relieve the pressure ...

If I went and took the MCAT *cold*, relying only my reading comprehension skills - how much do you think I could score? Besides the 15 stand=alone questions, are there any questions from the passages that assume ANY prior knowledge of the subject?

Again - this is only a half-serious question, but your responses would be interesting.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You mean like not having taken the prereqs like bio and chem and physics?

4. MrTee

MrTee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Only way to know is to take it and find out. A cheaper way to get an approximation would be to get a hold of an AAMC test and take it under test conditions and see what you get.

5. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'd say 50% of the passage questions are essentially standalones because they can be answered without the passage (often times the passage is a waste of time IMHO).

6. Biryani

Biryani Member
    7+ Year Member

7. DoctorInSpace

DoctorInSpace Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ditto. I'd say it might even be more like 60-65%. Sometimes there is just a word or two, or a figure in the passage that relates to a question, and all the other questions stand alone.

You post an interesting question......i wonder what would have happened if I did that....???