Taking MCAT cold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd relieve the pressure ...

If I went and took the MCAT *cold*, relying only my reading comprehension skills - how much do you think I could score? Besides the 15 stand=alone questions, are there any questions from the passages that assume ANY prior knowledge of the subject?

Again - this is only a half-serious question, but your responses would be interesting.

Members don't see this ad.

Only way to know is to take it and find out. A cheaper way to get an approximation would be to get a hold of an AAMC test and take it under test conditions and see what you get.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Cerberus
I'd say 50% of the passage questions are essentially standalones because they can be answered without the passage (often times the passage is a waste of time IMHO).

Ditto. I'd say it might even be more like 60-65%. Sometimes there is just a word or two, or a figure in the passage that relates to a question, and all the other questions stand alone.

You post an interesting question......i wonder what would have happened if I did that....???