Taking MCAT prep course with full class load, question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

integralx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I plan to take the Kaplan Prep Course this spring. But I have a full class load of 16 credits

Biology II
Organic Chemistry II Lab (very easy though)
C+ Programming
Senior Design
Power Systems (sorta easy I think)

Thats 16 credits. Can I take the Kaplan Prep Course, and have enough time to study, everything and be successful. Ill probably donate most of my time, toward the course, since I can just cram few days before the exam. I will work on Senior Design throughout the week probably 5hrs a week. Will this be just insane ? or possible ?

Members don't see this ad.

So I plan to take the Kaplan Prep Course this spring. But I have a full class load of 16 credits

Biology II
Organic Chemistry II Lab (very easy though)
C+ Programming
Senior Design
Power Systems (sorta easy I think)

Thats 16 credits. Can I take the Kaplan Prep Course, and have enough time to study, everything and be successful. Ill probably donate most of my time, toward the course, since I can just cram few days before the exam. I will work on Senior Design throughout the week probably 5hrs a week. Will this be just insane ? or possible ?

I was in a similar situation when I studied for the MCAT. I had a full class load (several very challenging courses) while taking The Princeton Review course. On top of this, I was a chairman for a very time-consuming and competitive event at my UG, so I had to really push myself. I ended up with a 30Q...its average enough to get you in a school if the rest of your app is strong. With the little time that I left myself to study each day (as opposed to what I would have had if I took it a little easier), I was very efficient. With a semester like this, you must must must be very disciplined. If you aren't comfortable with your study habits and efficiency, you may want to rethink this. For me, I had spent a lot of time up until this semester refining my study skills, so I felt like I handled it the best I could.

I actually was able to take off for spring break and go to the beach with my friends without studying, so IT CAN BE DONE. Please feel free to PM if you have any questions.

I was in a similar situation when I studied for the MCAT. I had a full class load (several very challenging courses) while taking The Princeton Review course. On top of this, I was a chairman for a very time-consuming and competitive event at my UG, so I had to really push myself. I ended up with a 30Q...its average enough to get you in a school if the rest of your app is strong. With the little time that I left myself to study each day (as opposed to what I would have had if I took it a little easier), I was very efficient. With a semester like this, you must must must be very disciplined. If you aren't comfortable with your study habits and efficiency, you may want to rethink this. For me, I had spent a lot of time up until this semester refining my study skills, so I felt like I handled it the best I could.

I actually was able to take off for spring break and go to the beach with my friends without studying, so IT CAN BE DONE. Please feel free to PM if you have any questions.

I have been taking 19 credits for the last 4 semesters. I think my study habits are ok. They were hard 19 credits, nothing easy, upper classes.