Taking PCAT multiple times

Started by ChemistI
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChemistI

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
which score do schools normally use when someone's taken the pcat multiple times? the highest score? the most recent score? i plan on retaking the pcat in jan because I got a 71 composite for the on in october. the reason I got a 71 was because I got a 7 on my reading comp.😡 🙁 😡 i'm really bad on these portions of standardized exams.

i got 92 on math, 89 on chem., 78 on verbal, 77 on biology and 3 on essay.

comp. 71

does the composite score outweigh the other scores i got in individual sections?
 
It depends on the schools you're applying to. Check their website or call and they will give you an answer. I wouldn't be too worried about schools looking at that PCAT. The fact that you earned a 78 on the verbal and a 3 on the writing demonstrates that you are good at using English. If your reading comprehension was actually as bad as that score, I don't think you could have made it through the test with some of the scores you got. I would assume that the science scores are the most important anyway.
 
If your reading comprehension was actually as bad as that score, I don't think you could have made it through the test with some of the scores you got. I would assume that the science scores are the most important anyway.

what do you mean by this? i made it through the test with the score i posted. i'm just bad at reading comp. i freeze when reading a paragraph and take too much time flipping back and forth from question to paragraph.
 
what do you mean by this? i made it through the test with the score i posted. i'm just bad at reading comp. i freeze when reading a paragraph and take too much time flipping back and forth from question to paragraph.

Looks to me you did good in science... just apply and see what happens.... However, if you do retake, try reading everyday... I did it and it worked for me....