Taking PCAT while enrolled in Calculus..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmerbird

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I signed up to take the PCAT July 19th (this summer) but will be enrolled in Calculus 1 over the semester. The next PCAT date isn't until September and I don't want to take it when my fall courses just start.

Do you think I will be okay or is it necessary to be FINISHED with Calculus before taking the PCAT?
 
You may need to study ahead somewhat. I believe Calculus is 22% of the math portion, based on the outline posted on the PCAT website.

FWIW, I was never very good at Calc, and I took it a long time ago, and I still did very well on the math portion. I knew the ones that weren't simple enough to do quickly weren't worth the time. I came back to any really hard ones & did my best to give an educated guess by eliminating wrong answers. The trick is to get through all the questions so you can cherry-pick the easier ones & get the best value for your time.