1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking pharm reqs at different schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Transcend, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Transcend

Transcend Hopeful Student
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    A few questions for those who have completed pharm reqs at different colleges (traditional students):

-How many schools did you complete your pharm reqs at?

-Were they community, state, public, or private colleges?

-About what percentage of pharm reqs did you complete at your home institution (the main college you attended)?

For those who are in the process of completing pharm reqs like me, feel free to reply about your experience if you've taken pharm reqs at more than one college so far.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UNMorBUST

UNMorBUST Mystery Man
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I don't understand the point of this exercise?

4. Transcend

Transcend Hopeful Student
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm just interested in how many different schools people took pharm reqs at, that's all.

5. UNMorBUST

UNMorBUST Mystery Man
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Just at one so far, just started though:thumbup::thumbup:

6. treetop02

treetop02 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Pharmacy
    5 colleges: 1 university and 4 community colleges

7. mollywobbles1

Pre-Pharmacy
    I will have completed everything except for calculus at a 4 year university. I am going to take calculus over the summer at a community college due to the expensive summer tuition at my school. ($400 at CC vs. $1500+ fees at CU) I am planning to graduate with a bachelors in May 2010.

8. wolfpackhal

wolfpackhal UNC PharmD class of 2013
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    All prereqs completed at the public university where I earned my B.S. degree, except for 2 courses (pub. speaking and A&P) I will be taking at a community college this winter/spring 2009 semester.

9. Storm90

Storm90 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    2 different universities in Canada, plus one through distance education/correspondence. I completed most of my pre-reqs at my primary institution.

10. tootoo30

tootoo30 Account Closed!
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    3 different universities and 1 community college, my friends can't keep up with my schedule LOL I'm all over the place :)

11. inquirer89

5+ Year Member

2 universities, and a few credits that transferred from high school AP courses.

12. Ross434

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    i completed my prereqs at two 4yr colleges and one technical school/c.c. probably about 20% at a 4 year university, 20% at a community college, and 60% at a 4 year small private college.

i did it this way because i wanted to take the tougher and more interesting classes at a small school. and classes i didnt care about such as english 2, public speaking, intro to biology i took at a community college to save money. also i lucked out because biochem is offered at my CC. imagine that? biochem for only $400!.

do whatever is most convenient for you and will get you the best grades. that's my recommendation. i was in 4 schools total (dropped out of one before grades were posted) and i usually averaged about 9 credits per semester (granted i had two 18 credit semesters).. and i got in the only pharm school i applied to (university of colorado).

it's really about getting the knowledge, passing the courses, and doing well on the pcat.. i personally dont put any stock in college's reputations, difficulty of courseloads, or how, when, and where you took your classes. my crazy all-over-the-place undergrad years got me where i wanted to go

13. transzincIIB

transzincIIB Accepted Pharmacy Student
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    A few questions for those who have completed pharm reqs at different colleges (traditional students):

-How many schools did you complete your pharm reqs at?
    2 schools
    -Were they community, state, public, or private colleges?

CC and State University

-About what percentage of pharm reqs did you complete at your home institution (the main college you attended)?
    60-70% CC 30-40% State Univ