Taking pharm reqs at different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transcend

Hopeful Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few questions for those who have completed pharm reqs at different colleges (traditional students):

-How many schools did you complete your pharm reqs at?

-Were they community, state, public, or private colleges?

-About what percentage of pharm reqs did you complete at your home institution (the main college you attended)?

For those who are in the process of completing pharm reqs like me, feel free to reply about your experience if you've taken pharm reqs at more than one college so far.

Members don't see this ad.

A few questions for those who have completed pharm reqs at different colleges (traditional students):

-About what percentage of pharm reqs did you complete at your home institution (the main college you attended)?

For those who are in the process of completing pharm reqs like me, feel free to reply about your experience if you've taken pharm reqs at more than one college so far.
I don't understand the point of this exercise?

Members don't see this ad :)
5 colleges: 1 university and 4 community colleges

I will have completed everything except for calculus at a 4 year university. I am going to take calculus over the summer at a community college due to the expensive summer tuition at my school. ($400 at CC vs. $1500+ fees at CU) I am planning to graduate with a bachelors in May 2010.

All prereqs completed at the public university where I earned my B.S. degree, except for 2 courses (pub. speaking and A&P) I will be taking at a community college this winter/spring 2009 semester.

2 different universities in Canada, plus one through distance education/correspondence. I completed most of my pre-reqs at my primary institution.

3 different universities and 1 community college, my friends can't keep up with my schedule LOL I'm all over the place :)

i completed my prereqs at two 4yr colleges and one technical school/c.c. probably about 20% at a 4 year university, 20% at a community college, and 60% at a 4 year small private college.

i did it this way because i wanted to take the tougher and more interesting classes at a small school. and classes i didnt care about such as english 2, public speaking, intro to biology i took at a community college to save money. also i lucked out because biochem is offered at my CC. imagine that? biochem for only $400!.

do whatever is most convenient for you and will get you the best grades. that's my recommendation. i was in 4 schools total (dropped out of one before grades were posted) and i usually averaged about 9 credits per semester (granted i had two 18 credit semesters).. and i got in the only pharm school i applied to (university of colorado).

it's really about getting the knowledge, passing the courses, and doing well on the pcat.. i personally dont put any stock in college's reputations, difficulty of courseloads, or how, when, and where you took your classes. my crazy all-over-the-place undergrad years got me where i wanted to go

2 schools

CC and State University

60-70% CC 30-40% State Univ