Taking Physics 2 at Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT2024-2027

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in Physics 1 right now and it is very difficult to get good grades in the class. I am able to keep up but I have to balance 4 other classes with 2 labs on top of it. I was wondering how PT school application would be impacted if I take Physics 2 at a Community college ? Would they look at your application negatively cause you took a pre-req course at a community college ?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they necessarily care where the credit comes from as long as you do good in it! I just finished physics 1 at a cc!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am currently in Physics 1 right now and it is very difficult to get good grades in the class. I am able to keep up but I have to balance 4 other classes with 2 labs on top of it. I was wondering how PT school application would be impacted if I take Physics 2 at a Community college ? Would they look at your application negatively cause you took a pre-req course at a community college ?

Thank you
The majority of my pre-req courses came from community college, and I was accepted to all 3 programs I applied to. However, I also volunteered/worked thousands of hours in 7 physical therapy settings (inpatient and outpatient). If you're concerned with it just start accumulating clinical experience.

Thank you
All my pre-reqs were from community colleges. PT schools are fine with it.