Taking same class twice (this time at postbacc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

On The Move

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I took human physiology at a community college (lower division) 3 years ago and received a B. I want to take it again this time as an upper division class at a University as part of DIY postbacc. I want to take as many upper division classes as possible and this is one that's being offered for next semester. I was wondering if adcoms would look down on this or if it would even be beneficial to my application. Let me know what you all think.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I took human physiology at a community college (lower division) 3 years ago and received a B. I want to take it again this time as an upper division class at a University as part of DIY postbacc. I want to take as many upper division classes as possible and this is one that's being offered for next semester. I was wondering if adcoms would look down on this or if it would even be beneficial to my application. Let me know what you all think.
Thanks!
I think it is a little silly to re-take a class that you received a B in, just opt for a different upper level course instead. You should only retake courses if you receive a C- or lower.

If it's an upper level class, it isn't the same course as far as I know... A 1-2000 level course isn't the same as a 3-4000 level even if they have a similar name.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't waste the time on it. I'd just go ahead and knock-out whatever prereqs I needed and call it a day. Life is short.